Menu

Any suggestions on how to figure out which smoke alarm is chirping?

Tap

I hear a random beep from upstairs. It only occurs about ever 15 minutes or so. One of 6 smoke detectors is the culprit. I only have 2 new batteries. What is the easiest way to figure out which one it is, without changing all the batteries around, two by two, and then waiting to notice it. Sometimes, if I am busy I don't notice, until I sit down....that is not the time I want to get back up. And once it chirps, I am back to not knowing which one it is. :lol:

I hear a random beep from upstairs. It only occurs about ever 15 minutes or so. One of 6 smoke detectors is the culprit. I only have 2 new batteries. What is the easiest way to figure out which one it is, without changing all the batteries around, two by two, and then waiting to notice it. Sometimes, if I am busy I don't notice, until I sit down....that is not the time I want to get back up. And once it chirps, I am back to not knowing which one it is. :lol:
Don't you HATE that? I figured out that on ours, there's a tiny glowing green light when the battery's good. But when the battery is low, there's also a tiny red light. Squint at yours and see if you have a little red light on one of them. It's much easier to see in the dark.

Give everyone in the family a book/game/etc to look at and station them right beside each smoke alarm (or almost all of them anyways). The max wait will only be about 15 minutes.

Hmmmmm :D good idea, but everyone is in bed. They don't seem to mind, just me.

Don't you HATE that? I figured out that on ours, there's a tiny glowing green light when the battery's good. But when the battery is low, there's also a tiny red light. Squint at yours and see if you have a little red light on one of them. It's much easier to see in the dark.

Ding, ding, ding! There was a red flashing light up inside. It was in dd10s room.

Thanks,

~Tap

Ding, ding, ding! There was a red flashing light up inside. It was in dd10s room.

Thanks,

~Tap

I am glad you figured it our before I added my two cents then because mine has a tiny green flash pinpoint and then after every ten or so green flashes there is a large red flash around the entire base of the unit. It's always like that but if I had never noticed that and was then trying to go by the flashes in the dark, well it wouldn't have been much help.