Menu

Do you have the SUPERCHARGED SCIENCE BOOK? Can I ask about it?

starwarsmomma

I love the idea of supercharged science.

I love the kits, I love the online "classes"...

But the price-- oy veh! LOL

I was thinking of getting the book on her site --

http://www.superchargedscience.com/manual.htm

Is it just experiments?

Is it the same experiments that are available through the "kits"?

Does it have any scientific explanation, or is it just a bunch of experiments?

Is it worth the money?

Since I dont have a printer, I was going to order the book/hard copy. It's expensive, and I wanted opinions before ordering.

Thanks!!!

We are using Supercharged Science this year and love it!

The book is the same experiments that are on the DVD/CDs. There is a small amount of explanation in the book, anywhere from a sentance or two to a paragraph or two for each experiment.

BUT, the great thing about Supercharged Science is Aurora and with no DVDs or CDs, you are really missing out on the best part. I debated over this purchase for a long time, and I am so glad I went for it. I also love the "completeness" of the kits.

While I don't have the VanCleave Physics book, so I can't compare similar experiments, I do have a couple other and I think they are very comprable to the actual expiraments in the book (as well as many other kids physics books, I'm sure) for only a fraction of the cost.

So what I am trying to say is I don't know if the manual is worth $60, but I sure paid a lot more for the supplies, DVDs, and CD's.

Yes, the book includes all the experiments. And, yes, the best part of Supercharged Science is Aurora. Check out her site and take advantage of all the free experiments and teleclasses. Then, you'll know what we mean!

I use the Electricity Kit and the eScience course. It is awesome and my son's favorite part of the day. I save Science for the last lesson of the day - makes him work harder! LOL!

I will definitely be splurging for more Supercharged Science kits. Just need to save up a bit more.

HTH!

You're right - my booth was SWAMPED at the homeschool conventions. I think it had something to do with having live indoor rocket shows and setting up our booth like a science museum. :)

Here's something you can do with your kids today and score a few 'parent points'... stick a naked bar of ivory soap in the microwave (on a plate) for about 2 minutes. (Note - you can still use the ivory soap AND the microwave when you're done...)

Enjoy!

Aurora

You're right - my booth was SWAMPED at the homeschool conventions. I think it had something to do with having live indoor rocket shows and setting up our booth like a science museum. :)

Here's something you can do with your kids today and score a few 'parent points'... stick a naked bar of ivory soap in the microwave (on a plate) for about 2 minutes. (Note - you can still use the ivory soap AND the microwave when you're done...)

Enjoy!

Aurora

Aurora!!!!!!

I have no time to post right now - but wanted to say HI!!!!

Your FPEA 2 year ago customer - the former Central Coast native :D