Menu

Book List

Hey all,

I need a chronological book list (specific titles) for Upper elem/Logic stage that covers history, scientists, artists, musicians, literature, and mathmaticians for Ancients/Middle Ages. I am trying to go for a scaled down Great books sort of study for these subjects. Not asking much, am I? I don't have a copy of TWTM anymore. Any ideas?

:bigear:

Edited by Guest

Wow, that's why I hate posting here any more..... I'll just delete the list since it's not wanted, sorry for the trouble....
I hope you reconsider and repost; I know I'd appreciate it.

FWIW, I'm not sure you were being criticized, at least I'd read it as more of a "wow" than anything else.

In my humble opinion...Regena's Ancient History Resource List (and hopefully, this is the list being referred to)

Rocks!

I would also add that Regena has been extremly gracious in answering my plethora of questions. I really should change my sig to read "TOG with a Mcconnellboys' twist". Sometimes in our attempts to put together the "perfect" curriculum, we forget the elements that give learning its spark. Regena has a genius for pulling those types of resources together. I value her experience and know that so far, our year is far richer thanks to her recommendations and generosity.

Yes. I am a mcconnellboys groupie.:hurray::hurray::hurray:

Ancient history plans Here is a good thread. Jenny in FL has a good list.

I don't think Regena has been on the boards. Going back and reading my post, I will admit that I was very stupid. In my defense, I have PMS and have been starving due to my digestion problems. I should probably stay away from the boards when I am this stupid.

Edited by Lovedtodeath

Ancient history plans Here is a good thread. Jenny in FL has a good list.

I don't think Regena has been on the boards. Going back and reading my post, I will admit that I was very stupid. In my defense, I have PMS and have been starving due to my digestion problems. I should probably stay away from the boards when I am this stupid.

Carmen, I know you didn't mean it the way it sounded. I think there are times when our long-time posters feel under appreciated. They answer the same questions graciously week after week. I don't know if you have ever felt that way. I think some of us that are newer or new to homeschooling tend to blow past some of the info offered and forget to say thanks. I've done that.:blushing: We have something very specific in mind and info is offered in a way that's not quite what we wanted.

Regena's list is large and I was overwhelmed the first time I saw it. I asked her many questions. I received a 36 week schedule and more help than I ever could have hoped for. She also has a very handy list of writing assignments. I checked out many of the books from the library during the summer. There are some real gems in there that you won't find in any of the ancient curricula. I should know. I have Sonlight, Trisms, HO, WP, Beautiful Feet and TOG.

I am speculating that posters like Regena and Lori D. have their lists on file and that it may not always be easy to pull out exactly what we need in the format that we need it in. Does that make sense?

Anyway, sorry this is so long-winded. I'm really hoping Regena shows up again with her marvelous list and her wisdom. Besides the fact that I enjoy talking with her, I'm rather hoping to get my hands on her Medieval list.:blushing::blushing::blushing: