Menu

Homecoming--what to wear?

Dd is in a tizzy about what to wear to homecoming. I'm too old for this, and she doesn't really have any friends that date much. Anyway, boy asked her, but we have no idea. She wants to wear some get up with pink Converse hightops to finish off what she calls "eccentric glamour".

When dd was about 7 I told her she could wear whatever she wanted unless it was a wedding, a funeral, or an expensive restaurant. This has totally avoided the pitched battle that my own mom and I conducted throughout adolescence. She has great style (very boho), and doesn't go for the "ho" look, thank heavens, so I haven't had much to worry about. But this guy will be mortified, I think.

Any advice on what girls wear?

Danielle

http://prommafia.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/kristen-stweart-twilight-mtv-movie-awards.jpg Kristen Stewart who stars as Bella in the Twilight movie and New Moon coming out in Nov. is always wearing this look. It is actually cute on those svelte enough to wear flats with a dress. For this momma I say" if it isn't ho, it's a go!" I think it could be cute and how wonderful that her focus is on cute and fun rather than frump or what my mother calls hussywear. I think she made that word up.:lol:

Does she have any friends she could ask that will be attending or could her date give her some ideas? It probably depends on where you are and the school. It is also probably fairly flexible. My dd went to a homecoming dance with some friends a few years ago. She wore a sleeveless cotton dress with some low sandals. Some of the other girls wore floorlength formal dresses. It really didn't matter.

Guest mollyinco

sounds like your daughter already has her own style, let her go with that and find something she thinks is both fun and cute to wear....i'm guessing the boy who asked her already appreciates her unique style or he wouldnt have asked her in the first place...encourage your daughter to be unique, and have fun with it...in the end, it really doesnt matter what the boy or anyone else thinks, if she feels pretty and likes her outfit (and you approve of it) then thats all that matters

• 6 months later...