Menu

Anyone heard of or used Hands on Equations? (crosspost)

siloam

A bunch of overwhelmingly positive posts here convinced me to buy this earlier this year. We've gotten through the first bunch of lessons. I think it'll be great to really get them to understand the basic concepts of algebra so when we get there it'll be easier, but yeah, it's not a complete curriculum. We did some this summer and I'm hoping to fit it in on Fridays during the year.

I read about it a few months ago on this board and decided to give it a try for my son. He worked through the level 1 lessons and now we are doing 1 - 2 level 1 word problems a day. I'm really pleased with how this is working out. When he's done all the level 1 word problems, we'll move on to level 2. Someone on this board had recommended stretching the program out over a few years by using it this way.

Lisa

I read about it a few months ago on this board and decided to give it a try for my son. He worked through the level 1 lessons and now we are doing 1 - 2 level 1 word problems a day. I'm really pleased with how this is working out. When he's done all the level 1 word problems, we'll move on to level 2. Someone on this board had recommended stretching the program out over a few years by using it this way.

Lisa

That's how we did it. We finished the whole program in about five minutes a day for about two years. DS things he's brilliant and eagerly anticipates real algebra.

Big thumbs up.