Menu

What age for make-up? 7th grade??

No set age here.

My 6 and 7yos like to wear lip gloss now and then, and I paint their nails once in a while.

I'd never let my underage children of any age walk out of the house looking like they're going clubbing or anything, but modest make up doesn't bother me. I'm thinking about the tween and teen girls in our homeschool group and I can't remember whether or not they wear any. It's not something I notice unless it's over the top.

For the record, I almost never wear make up. When I do, it's some mineral foundation, mascara, and lip gloss. "Fancy" would be adding eye liner. :D

My 11yo has some tween eye shadow that she wears occasionally. It's very light pink or lavender. Since she wears glasses, you have to get real close to see it. She will also wear very light colored lip gloss and fingernail polish. When she's a little older and expresses an interest, I'll take her someplace for a makeover so she can learn how to apply makeup to look natural. We like to have "girly days" when it's just the two of us and we go shopping, do lunch and maybe get manicures.

I've never given her an age limit so it's not really a big deal in our home. I don't wear makeup often but I'm starting to wear it more than I used to. I got tired of when every time someone saw me they would ask if I was feeling OK because I looked so tired. :glare: I felt great, I just have very pale skin and dark circles under my eyes.

Around here, you have to be 6. 8 to shave to shave your legs.

:lol:

But really, here is how it came it up: rhythmic gymnastics! DD was 6 when whe nshe first comp[eted (USAG rules) and they ALL wear makeup- heavy, heavy make up. So 6 for that.

Then we moved to Korea, land of No Body Hair (even on adults). DD felt self concious at gymnastics. I let her shave. So, 8 for that.

Oldest DD? 11 and could care less.

There is obviously no hard and fast age "rule" around here!

Around here, you have to be 6. 8 to shave to shave your legs.

There is obviously no hard and fast age "rule" around here!

Sounds like my house! :lol:

I grew up in a very strict home, not allowed to wear make-up, shave, etc. and I ended up sneaking it every time I left the house. I had 3 older sisters (10 years older) so I grew up around all that teenage stuff and couldn't wait to be grown up like them. I even carried my sister's high heels in my school bag and changed at school. LOL!

My oldest isn't the least bit interested in makeup at 11 (and she doesn't need it, anyway). My youngest has been putting it on at home since she could walk. I don't make a big deal about it and I think it will all just work itself out.