Menu

Anyone on here had a breastfed baby with...

:grouphug:

My youngest had food allergies, too, and it was so nerve racking (wracking??) and tough! Dairy was the biggest culprit, but she was also allergic to corn, soy, and wheat. I basically lived on lettuce and free range chicken- no joke.

Dairy was the absolute worst to get rid of, and the reason I went to only "pure" foods, ie nothing with anything else in it! Because its in e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g.

I wish had some advice, but other than see a Dr (which is not always much help, I know!) and watch the diet, I have none. Just my sympathy- I remember bawling my eyes out over her poor diapers and my rapidly dropping weight!

I didn't but my oldest sister did. My nephew couldn't have dairy, eggs, or soy. My sister's meals for 3.5 years were plain grilled meat, plain potatoes or rice, and plain veggies. She could have salt and pepper for seasoning. Because his allergies were so severe, she stayed on that diet, pumped, and gave him breastmilk in a cup even after he stopped nursing. My sister found out that a lot of food that's labeled dairy-free isn't. You have to read the ingredients on everything.

Edited by LizzyBee

My DD had blood in her stool after she was in a lot of stress/pain from something else entirely.

I would also recommend that you get the baby on some "babydophilus". It is the culture that is in the DanActive yogurt. You can get it in a dairy free powder form at the health food store. DS was greatly improved from eating it.

My baby never had that symptom, but we dealt with allergies with her (eczema). Have you tried allergy testing? If the allergies show up on an allergy test, you can avoid a lot of uncertainty and huge inconvenience. It could be one of the 8 common allergens, but it could be something weird. My daughter was allergic to flax seed oil too (but not ground flax in my bread), along with milk, soy, egg, and wheat.

There are some risks to you for going on such a narrow diet. During the time I was on the elimination diet, I started having weird nervous system symptoms. I thought I was coming down with MS. Turned out it was just a potassium deficiency. Bananas are a good source of potassium. Other good sources are milk (scratch that), orange juice, V-8, potatoes, and "lite" potassium salt. Anyway, if allergy testing works on your baby, and if you can get an allergist to do it, I highly recommend it.

My baby never had that symptom, but we dealt with allergies with her (eczema). Have you tried allergy testing? If the allergies show up on an allergy test, you can avoid a lot of uncertainty and huge inconvenience. It could be one of the 8 common allergens, but it could be something weird. My daughter was allergic to flax seed oil too (but not ground flax in my bread), along with milk, soy, egg, and wheat.

There are some risks to you for going on such a narrow diet. During the time I was on the elimination diet, I started having weird nervous system symptoms. I thought I was coming down with MS. Turned out it was just a potassium deficiency. Bananas are a good source of potassium. Other good sources are milk (scratch that), orange juice, V-8, potatoes, and "lite" potassium salt. Anyway, if allergy testing works on your baby, and if you can get an allergist to do it, I highly recommend it.

tomatoes and citrus are common allergens in babies.