Menu

Trying to find direction for my own studies ...

I have been spending so much time trying to figure out which direction to send my daughter, I lost track of my own studies. I was reading through and taking notes on Eyewitness science and history books. I'm not sure if I want to resume that or go a different direction. I do want to get some background on science and history (both VERY large areas of study), but can't decide where to start. :001_huh:

What area of science is most interesting or would be the most useful to you? Stars? Rocks? Plants? Ocean? Weather? I'd pick one and then go to the bookstore or library and get out a book, a popular book, about it. I'd also start reading one of the science magazines. For history, I'd get one of those books like Guns, Germs, and Steel or Cod and read it. They look at history from a different perspective than your standard regions/times one. That might inspire you to go off on more rabbit trails or give you the motivation to go on with your Eyewitness books (which I like, too : ) ).

-Nan

What area of science is most interesting or would be the most useful to you? Stars? Rocks? Plants? Ocean? Weather? I'd pick one and then go to the bookstore or library and get out a book, a popular book, about it. I'd also start reading one of the science magazines. For history, I'd get one of those books like Guns, Germs, and Steel or Cod and read it. They look at history from a different perspective than your standard regions/times one. That might inspire you to go off on more rabbit trails or give you the motivation to go on with your Eyewitness books (which I like, too : ) ).

-Nan

The nice thing is that I can read a book, reread a book, and study it as much and for as long as I want to and no one is there telling me I'm going to have a test on Friday so I can take my time and soak it all in. :D