Menu

funny things in books!

what are some of the funny things you have come across in school text books lately.

Here is one that was in my son's apologia Biology today;

page 415. "There are many different species of salmon, but the Atlantic salmon is very common , especially in restaurants."

:confused:

this statement might have worked in a cook book , but to me doesn't fit in to a biology text.

what are some of the funny things you have come across in school text books lately.

Here is one that was in my son's apologia Biology today;

page 415. "There are many different species of salmon, but the Atlantic salmon is very common , especially in restaurants."

:confused:

this statement might have worked in a cook book , but to me doesn't fit in to a biology text.

Ha! That's hilarious!

I find typos ALL THE TIME, but can't think of any funnies like that.

Chelle

That salmon thing is hilarious!

We find things that strike us as funny all the time when we're doing R&S grammar. I often use funny voices when we're reading our grammar lessons, because, let's face it, grammar is dry. So one day I was reading in a sort of high-pitched Elmo's-cousin-from-England voice, and I happened on the sentence: "Stephen was stoned outside Jerusalem." Now that is not a funny sentence. But having it hit you, completely unawares, in a British Elmo voice... my son fell on the floor.