Menu

Recommender for Common App can't upload

OLG

Has anyone experienced this difficulty where a recommender wasn't able to upload the letter to the Common App? We did create a ticket asking how to r remedy this but I was just wondering if anyone has encountered this problem and found a solution. The ticket might take awhile to get answered and the recommender is eager. Many thanks for any help!

Mary

Has anyone experienced this difficulty where a recommender wasn't able to upload the letter to the Common App? We did create a ticket asking how to r remedy this but I was just wondering if anyone has encountered this problem and found a solution. The ticket might take awhile to get answered and the recommender is eager. Many thanks for any help!

Mary

Hi Mary,

Last year, we had a lot of trouble getting the Common App to send the recommender the email for them to access the system. Once they got it, the only trouble they had with the upload is that they had the window where they were writing the recommendation open too long, and when they went to upload the info, it lost everything. This situation was remedied by having them write the text of the recommendation in MS Word and then just copying and pasting it into the box on the Common App form just before they were ready to upload.

I also had some difficulty uploading my son's transcript. I found that it seemed to be the font that it was done in. I used a format that I found on the HSLDA website, and it used an obsure font. I don't remember the name of the font, though. Once I reformatted it in a more standard font (Times New Roman), it uploaded just fine.

Getting all the info composed and into the Common App in a good format took a long time and was frustrating, but once it's in there, the process of submitting multiple applications was easy.

Best wishes to you and your child!

Brenda

Hi Brenda and thanks!

You are a life saver, lady. I will share your suggested solution with the recommender pronto. I bet it is the same problem with a window open too long. Good to know!

And, thanks for the heads up about the font for the transcript too. Fingers crossed that I can "get it done" but if not, I might be back with questions. Always learning!

Thanks again,

Mary