Menu

I think we're officially homeschooling.

I usually joke that I'm a wanna-be homeschooler as my oldest is only 4 1/2 and the actual "school" we do is minimal. Mostly I'm educating myself at this point.

But...

The live Painted Lady butterfly larvae I ordered arrived in the mail yesterday.

Does this make us official? :)

I usually joke that I'm a wanna-be homeschooler as my oldest is only 4 1/2 and the actual "school" we do is minimal. Mostly I'm educating myself at this point.

But...

The live Painted Lady butterfly larvae I ordered arrived in the mail yesterday.

Does this make us official? :)

Well, I count my family as officially homeschooling, and DS just turned 4 today. He got a Painted Lady house from his grandma this morning, actually, and I'll be sending out for the caterpillars in a week or so. Must be that time of year or something...

Good luck with your caterpillars, and welcome!

Thanks for the kind replies. I was kind of joking about the "wanna-be" homeschooling. Sometimes I just feel silly saying we're homeschooling compared to what most of the people on this board are doing. I know it's a lifestyle and if there is anywhere that age/grade level doesn't matter much it would be in a homeschool community.

But...

There was just something about ordering and receiving live insect larvae that made me feel like we were graduating to a new level. :) I was excited and thought I'd leave a silly post.

Welcome to Real Homeschooling! LOL

I'm being silly, too.

I had similar feelings when we entered K (it's just like Seminary--you go, too, even if only one of you is official! lol).

We had had dd in preschool and were supplementing at home, so we were both homeschooling and outschooling. But I didn't feel "official" until Sept.

See you at nature walk on Thurs?