Menu

My dd has decided she wants only small to medium colleges in not too cold places

TravelingChris

I am happy. We are about to start her junior year and she has cut way down on her potential schools. She has basically taken out all schools in almost all New England, Midwest and upper mountain states. We had gone on a short vacation to Philadelphia area during the inauguration time/MLK Jr. weekend and she doesn't want to go to any school in as cold place as that. For gardeners, that means she only wants to go to schools zone 7a and above. (We live in 7a now and were living in 7a and above ever since she was 2 and she doesn't remember before then).

That means a lot less college trips for us and a lot less material to go through. It is much harder for us transient people (we are military) to choose colleges since our children don't have a place they call home for very long and we have no idea where we will be living when they start and when they end college.

If any of you are gardeners, that means zone 7a and higher. That precludes KY, IN, IL, OH, just about all of the northeastm the okaun states, the mountain states, etc. I think we are left with south east, coastal northwest, CA if the GI bill correction goes through, AZ, NM, TX, Arkansas, and I am not sure about some others. She doesn;t mind some snow but hates frigid weather. I have to say that I am not that interested in outfitting her for frigid weather either. With my son who went to school in MI at first, he already had heavy winter gear because of boy scout camping. I think I will be able to find 7 colleges for her to apply to.