Menu

Those dinner preperation freezer meal places....

Some friends of mine have tried it and really like the food. Worth the price? Well, it's cheaper than eating out but not as cheap as preparing it at home yourself. For smaller families it's more worth it b/c you can make the meals last longer, KWIM? For us, it wouldn't work very well I don't think. There is also the whole social aspect if you get together with friends to do it. Makes meal prep go by more quickly and makes it more fun. I was actually going to try it before baby came just to have the meals in the freezer!

I agree with Sue G above, except that I didn't LOVE the food. we cook on the grill and eat salads a lot. a lot of the food had too much sauce that tasted like cream of chicken soup to me. that said, if you can find some dishes you like, it sure is nice to just pull stuff out of the freezer.

place like this. I decided with the price of groceries already rising, I could certainly stretch our grocery dollars further by cooking at home. I thought the amount of money they charged for what I would take home was expensive.

Just my thoughts -

Molly

They have a deal for families with an infant under 3mos. You choose the meals and they will assemble it at no charge. It's a one-time thing but I used it twice figuring I just paid half-price for the meal prep. :D

What I actually like better is a book called Don't Panic! Dinner's in the Freezer. It has normal recipes that can be prepared for that day in a regular size, but also tells the best way to freeze each meal and has a chart for making it in larger amounts (x2 or x4, etc.) I've been very happy with the recipes and I like not having to spend hours in the kitchen at a time if I don't want to. We can try out a recipe before committing to it for multiple meals. Then if we like it, the next time I'll just make three...serve one freeze the others.

I like them, they are a dream come true for me! I have been to Mr. Foods No Fuss Meals and Dream Dinners (I prefer Mr. Foods).

Yes, it is expensive - but when I think of all the time saved from menu planning, grocery shopping, and food prep; and the ease of getting dinner on the table - and it all taking just two, just two hours to prepare enough to feed my family of five for a month (Ithrow in other meals during that time), plus I don't have to do any cleaning up afterwards - it is very worth the price to me!!

I wish I could be more disciplined to write out menus and have a regular shopping schedule and meal prep time - but that all flew out the window between my second child being born and my decision to homeschool - :o maybe I'll get it back sometime. But for this time in my life - I Love these places!!:D

I think the food is pretty tasty as well.:p