Menu

For those concerned about forced vaccinations

I most definately disagree w/ this statement. I don't think there is enough coverage of the H1N1 flu. While I don't think there should be any kind of panic, at this time, there is certainly enough information to warrent some concern. On this very thread there has been information posted as to how young people are being severely affected.

I'm afraid you completely misunderstood my post. :)

I wasn't saying that people shouldn't be concerned about swine flu, I was referring to the misinformation and fear-mongering around the idea that the government will be forcing people to be accept the swine flu vaccine against their will. There is no evidence that the US government is planning a nationwide forced-vaccination campaign, and I believe that blogs and websites who are claiming this are pushing a particular political agenda rather than trying to genuinely inform the public.

In fact, I think that all the misinformation about the vaccine detracts from thoughtful, objective coverage of the disease, and may ultimately lead to a situation where people do not take the disease seriously because they've been led to believe it's all some kind of nefarious government plot.

Jackie

I wasn't saying that people shouldn't be concerned about swine flu, I was referring to the misinformation and fear-mongering around the idea that the government will be forcing people to be accept the swine flu vaccine against their will. There is no evidence that the US government is planning a nationwide forced-vaccination campaign, and I believe that blogs and websites who are claiming this are pushing a particular political agenda rather than trying to genuinely inform the public.

In fact, I think that all the misinformation about the vaccine detracts from thoughtful, objective coverage of the disease, and may ultimately lead to a situation where people do not take the disease seriously because they've been led to believe it's all some kind of nefarious government plot.

Jackie

I'm sorry I misunderstood. I don't want it made into a political discussion, though there will always be political sidebars. I think there is significant justification for hesitation to receive hastily contrived vac's w/o any tinfoil theories. Ultimately, we all must make our own, hopefully fully informed, decisons.

Great posts, Corraleno.

You can get exemptions in every state. http://www.vaclib.org/exemption.htm I do not know if this will be acceptable should the swine flu vax become mandatory, but this will work for regular flu vax.

http://www.vaccinerights.com/index.html Here is a good place to keep updated on the legal side of the swine flu vax.

Regardless of whether or not there are available exemptions in every state, it doesn't mean that everyone can get them. For example, in WV and MS, only medical exemptions can be obtained, and it would probably be quite difficult to find a "reputable physician" (WV's wording) or a "duly licensed phyisican" (MS's wording) to give a healthy person with no medical problems a medical exemption. Also, states like GA don't offer philosophical exemptions, only religious exemptions, so someone in my state who is ineligible for a medical exemption would potentially have to lie in order to get an exemption.

Thought you might be interested in this article from Washington Post today:

Excerpts:

Inaccurate claims

Fears and misinformation about the vaccine are circulating, including inaccurate claims that it will be mandatory. "I'm very concerned about the dangers of vaccines," said Janice Smith, 58, of Misawaka, Ind., who attended a public hearing Aug. 15, one of a series of meetings the CDC has sponsored to gauge public sentiment about the vaccine.

Authorities are adamant that vaccination will be voluntary, and they say there is no reason to think the vaccine will be any less safe than the usual flu vaccine. An adjuvant will be used only if necessary and proven safe, they say.

------------------------

Lining up parents' permission

Setting priorities for delivering the vaccines will bring other complications. The elderly, usually first in line for flu shots, will not be this time because they seem more resistant to the virus. But they remain a top priority for the seasonal shots.

Schools considering giving shots to children are making plans to get permission from parents and have to determine how best to line up anxious, rambunctious students.

• 2 weeks later...

on another note....here's some info I put together regarding prevention and tx of H1N1:

ACE inhibitors, some antiinflammatories will help dampen down a cytokine storm. So can optimal D levels. Read on.

share as needed/interested. All information is mine and from evidence based sources. I didn't have time to cite......so do with it what you will.

http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AV...ZGd3a2N3&hl=en

Virtually all flulike illnesses currently presenting are H1N1. It's possible that 50% of cases are presenting without a fever and very likely many more. This makes meaningless, the recommendations to "stay home from school or work until fever free for 24 hours" as many with the flu will never have had a fever. Children are unknowingly being sent to school with H1N1; adults with H1N1 will continue to go to work not realizing that they are spreading the flu.

Contagion is a factor from 24h prior to onset of symptoms and for 7-10 days after *onset of symptoms*.

It's wonderful that most people are reporting being sick for 1.5-2 days. Yay! For those at risk for respiratory complications though (including our pregnant friends and family members) it doesn't matter that 'most' are sick for 1-2 days. For them, this is not a typical flu so please stay home if you have any symptoms. Please keep your child home if they have any symptoms. If one is sick, keep them all home.

What can you do to prevent or treat the flu?

Consider:

•Anti-Virals if you think you have the flu [CDC recommendation not mine] Keep in mind that there is a 50-90% false negtive rate on the rapid flu tests. Yes, you read that right. Just b/c you have a negative rapid flu test absolutely positively does not mean you are home free.

Effective treatment:

•Anti-Viral Medication started within 24h (less helpful but still helpful if started later....though drug resistant cases are emerging)

•High Dose Vitamin D3 therapy aka Stoss Therapy. (reduces cytokines) Stoss Therapy is 1,000 IU D per one lb body weight per day
FOR THREE DAYS,
then back to normal dosing: 1,000 IU per 25 lbs body weight. Stoss therapy is not appropriate for those with kidney disease. Take sufficient calcium and magnesium while taking vitamin D.

Likely Helpful adjuncts effective treatment - will reduce and/or moderate cytokines or act as ACE inhibitors:

•Aspirin,
Adults only;
never children or adolescents
(reduces cytokines).

•Green tea (ACE inhibitor, reduces cytokines). Consider drinking

daily and/or gargling with it.

•High dose vitamin C therapy to bowel tolerance. Use cheap ascorbic acid unless you personally need buffered - avoid time released for this usage.

Effective Prevention:

•Optimal blood levels of D3 (reduces cytokines)

•50-80 ng/mL is optimal; some say 50-70 ng/mL, some say 55-80 ng/mL - it depends on who's writing and when they wrote it. Anything less than 50 ng/mL=substrate deficiency which is a Very Bad Thing. Our 50-80 ng/mL translates to 150-200 nmoL in any other place in the world
Moderate levels are correlated, by some data, with increased cytokine activity (20-40 ng/mL). We don't want moderate levels or even 'normal' levels. We want optimal levels in the middle of the 'reference range'.

•Remember that because of problems with Quest's test, any D result from them should be divided by 1.3 to get an accurate number.

•Optimal vitamin D levels are your very best defense against influenza, some researchers posit that it may be as or more effective than a vaccine.

•Green tea (ACE inhibitor, reduces cytokines).

Drink it or gargle.

•Probiotics. Take daily.

May be helpful adjuncts to effective treatment and/or prevention in addition to above measures:

•Black tea (ACE inhibitor, reduces cytokines)

•Quercetin (possible ACE inhibitor, reduces cytokines)

•Pomegranate (ACE inhibitor)

•Proanthocyandin containig foods, supplements (ACE inhibitors): grapeseed extract, pinebark extract (pycnogenol)

•Turmeric (reduces cytokines). 1/4 tsp powder can be placed on tongue and swallowed with water

•Black pepper (reduces cytokines)

•Raw crushed garlic (reduces cytokines). For easy dosing, mix with tsp raw honey.

•Coconut oil (reduces cytokines)

•Echinacea (increases some cytokine activity but overwhelmingly reduces cytokine activity)

Assess carefully:

•Elderberry aka Sambucol (known to increase cytokines). I am avoiding.

•Astragalus (reduces activity of some cytokines, increases activity of other cytokines). I am avoiding.

•Olive oil (may increase cytokines). I will continue to use as needed but will use coconut oil for cooking/baking.

•Fish oil (may increase cytokines). I will continue to take significant amounts.

•Chocolate (ACE inhibitor but increases cytokines). I will use moderately;p

Cannel on preventing and treating H1N1:

http://www.vitamindcouncil.org/newsl...itamin-d.shtml

Randomized, placebo controlled trial shows D3 prevents and treats colds and flu:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17352842

Jackie

Well, there is this proposed bill in Massachusetts. It passed in the Senate on April 28th. Still has to go through the house though.;)

Great Post! Thank you for sharing your information. I have heard some of this in the past, but not in such detail.

on another note....here's some info I put together regarding prevention and tx of H1N1:

ACE inhibitors, some antiinflammatories will help dampen down a cytokine storm. So can optimal D levels. Read on.

share as needed/interested. All information is mine and from evidence based sources. I didn't have time to cite......so do with it what you will.

http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AV...ZGd3a2N3&hl=en

Virtually all flulike illnesses currently presenting are H1N1. It's possible that 50% of cases are presenting without a fever and very likely many more. This makes meaningless, the recommendations to "stay home from school or work until fever free for 24 hours" as many with the flu will never have had a fever. Children are unknowingly being sent to school with H1N1; adults with H1N1 will continue to go to work not realizing that they are spreading the flu.

Contagion is a factor from 24h prior to onset of symptoms and for 7-10 days after *onset of symptoms*.

It's wonderful that most people are reporting being sick for 1.5-2 days. Yay! For those at risk for respiratory complications though (including our pregnant friends and family members) it doesn't matter that 'most' are sick for 1-2 days. For them, this is not a typical flu so please stay home if you have any symptoms. Please keep your child home if they have any symptoms. If one is sick, keep them all home.

What can you do to prevent or treat the flu?

Consider:

•Anti-Virals if you think you have the flu [CDC recommendation not mine] Keep in mind that there is a 50-90% false negtive rate on the rapid flu tests. Yes, you read that right. Just b/c you have a negative rapid flu test absolutely positively does not mean you are home free.

Effective treatment:

•Anti-Viral Medication started within 24h (less helpful but still helpful if started later....though drug resistant cases are emerging)

•High Dose Vitamin D3 therapy aka Stoss Therapy. (reduces cytokines) Stoss Therapy is 1,000 IU D per one lb body weight per day
FOR THREE DAYS,
then back to normal dosing: 1,000 IU per 25 lbs body weight. Stoss therapy is not appropriate for those with kidney disease. Take sufficient calcium and magnesium while taking vitamin D.

Likely Helpful adjuncts effective treatment - will reduce and/or moderate cytokines or act as ACE inhibitors:

•Aspirin,
Adults only;
never children or adolescents
(reduces cytokines).

•Green tea (ACE inhibitor, reduces cytokines). Consider drinking

daily and/or gargling with it.

•High dose vitamin C therapy to bowel tolerance. Use cheap ascorbic acid unless you personally need buffered - avoid time released for this usage.

Effective Prevention:

•Optimal blood levels of D3 (reduces cytokines)

•50-80 ng/mL is optimal; some say 50-70 ng/mL, some say 55-80 ng/mL - it depends on who's writing and when they wrote it. Anything less than 50 ng/mL=substrate deficiency which is a Very Bad Thing. Our 50-80 ng/mL translates to 150-200 nmoL in any other place in the world
Moderate levels are correlated, by some data, with increased cytokine activity (20-40 ng/mL). We don't want moderate levels or even 'normal' levels. We want optimal levels in the middle of the 'reference range'.

•Remember that because of problems with Quest's test, any D result from them should be divided by 1.3 to get an accurate number.

•Optimal vitamin D levels are your very best defense against influenza, some researchers posit that it may be as or more effective than a vaccine.

•Green tea (ACE inhibitor, reduces cytokines).

Drink it or gargle.

•Probiotics. Take daily.

May be helpful adjuncts to effective treatment and/or prevention in addition to above measures:

•Black tea (ACE inhibitor, reduces cytokines)

•Quercetin (possible ACE inhibitor, reduces cytokines)

•Pomegranate (ACE inhibitor)

•Proanthocyandin containig foods, supplements (ACE inhibitors): grapeseed extract, pinebark extract (pycnogenol)

•Turmeric (reduces cytokines). 1/4 tsp powder can be placed on tongue and swallowed with water

•Black pepper (reduces cytokines)

•Raw crushed garlic (reduces cytokines). For easy dosing, mix with tsp raw honey.

•Coconut oil (reduces cytokines)

•Echinacea (increases some cytokine activity but overwhelmingly reduces cytokine activity)

Assess carefully:

•Elderberry aka Sambucol (known to increase cytokines). I am avoiding.

•Astragalus (reduces activity of some cytokines, increases activity of other cytokines). I am avoiding.

•Olive oil (may increase cytokines). I will continue to use as needed but will use coconut oil for cooking/baking.

•Fish oil (may increase cytokines). I will continue to take significant amounts.

•Chocolate (ACE inhibitor but increases cytokines). I will use moderately;p

Cannel on preventing and treating H1N1:

http://www.vitamindcouncil.org/newsl...itamin-d.shtml

Randomized, placebo controlled trial shows D3 prevents and treats colds and flu:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17352842

and then there's that pesky fact that out of millions of people, a very very small minority in the US have died from the swine flu.

This is an audio interview with legal council at the Arkansas Dept. of Health about possible mandatory vaccine for the swine flu. It says that vaccines can be made mandatory and you may have to get it at gun point!? :confused:

Here is a quote from the article that clarifies the court cases mentioned in the phone call.

"The legal council at the Arkansas State Health Department cites the 1905 Supreme Court case of

Jacobson v Massachusetts to argue that governments can force citizens to take vaccines.

Less than 50 years before, in Dred Scott v. Sandford, the Supreme Court also ruled that black people were slaves - property of their slaveowners with no inherent rights whatsoever.

22 years after Jacobson v Mass., in Buck v Bell, the Supreme Court also ruled that people designated “feeble-minded†by the government could be sterilized.

The fact that the Supreme Court made a ruling over 100 hundred years ago saying the government could inject people by force doesn’t make it morally or constitutionally justifiable."

It looks that like those of us who would like to opt out would have to find some sort of federal waiver in the event of a CDC mandated vaccine.

The entire article is found at:

http://www.prisonplanet.com/arkansas-state-health-department-mandatory-vaccines-are-constitutional.html

I only post this because I want to know if we Constitutionally have any rights in this area.