Menu

• 5 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Vancouver proper, on the west side.

I'm one of the those annoying Vancouver people who never goes to Surrey or further without becoming insanely lost, driving round in huge circles going, gosh, look how _big_ it is.

:lol: I have no idea how to get around Surrey, etc, either, although I no longer live in Vancouver. Of course, I never think of saying Vancouver proper, because I never think of calling anything Vancouver except the actual city. I grew up a ferry ride away from the lower mainland, but don't say where as it's TMI given other things I've shared on the forum.

It's a lovely city, but housing costs have skyrocketed there since I left.

Welcome!

It's a lovely city, but housing costs have skyrocketed there since I left.

I know, right? I live in what could plausibly be a crack shack, and theoretically we could sell and buy ourselves a couple of very non-cracky houses in a reasonable, non LM property market. And maybe a pony to go with.

Fellow Canuck here! National Capital Region! :001_smile:

I used to live in Nepean & then Ottawa 20+ years ago, a couple of years in each place.

I know, right? I live in what could plausibly be a crack shack, and theoretically we could sell and buy ourselves a couple of very non-cracky houses in a reasonable, non LM property market. And maybe a pony to go with.

:lol:

National Capital Region here, too! Actually, we've just recently discovered the Almonte beach, and I would move to Almonte in a second. What a gorgeous little town!

My sister lives not too far from Almonte... I'll have to pop over one day soon. We camp in Lanark, so I may have to make a pit stop one weekend! :)

Neat to see other Ottawans!!!

I used to live in Nepean, too!

Now in another part of the national capital region.

National Capital Region here, too! Actually, we've just recently discovered the Almonte beach, and I would move to Almonte in a second. What a gorgeous little town!

Ahh, yes. I have every intention of retiring in Almonte some day. :D Love that place.

I used to live in Nepean, too!

Now in another part of the national capital region.

Ahh, yes. I have every intention of retiring in Almonte some day. :D Love that place.

OK, I only lived in the NCR for a couple of years, and this was back in 1994-1996. But I seem to remember a woman named Theresa who lived in Almonte - she was a homeschooler, I think, and sold dance items through a catalog.

:iagree: I just saw my perfect retirement home on the banks of the Mississippi near the Fairgrounds in Almonte. It's walking distance to Tim Horton's and yet blissfully quiet on the river.

Central Alberta, near the foothills of the Rockies.

Ok, this would be my second retirement home! I was born in Calgary and LOVE the Rockies. :001_smile: I also wouldn't mind the $ for homeschooling in AB - though I'd hopefully be done with homeschooling when I retire since homeschooling IS my job (I'm foggy brained today).

Edited by tmoan

Ok, this would be my second retirement home! I was born in Calgary and LOVE the Rockies. :001_smile: I also wouldn't mind the $ for homeschooling in AB - though I'd hopefully be done with homeschooling when I retire since homeschooling IS my job (I'm foggy brained today).

We do love it here!!

Hey, I used to live somewhat near Nepean! We lived near downtown Ottawa, off Wellington St.

During my time in Ottawa, I was near downtown, too, relatively. I'd walk downtown, but it was a ways (can't remember how many blocks. It was quite an eyeopener to me as I mainly grew up in Lotus Land (aka southwestern BC) & went to university in BC. My dad did take 3 sabbaticals, though, so I also live in CA & Europe.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I lived near Greenbank and Baseline.

I admit I rarely ever ventured into Ottawa, and don't know my way around what-so-ever.

I lived near Baseline Rd in 1985/86. Went to sir john a macdonald high school for the last half of grade 10. I was absolutely miserable there as I had just moved from a little town in NS and was homesick.

• 3 months later...