Menu

Do we have to still be living in Canada to post here? In my heart, I'm Canadian despite those buy American posts--I'm into buying Canadian, too. Well, I consider myself bi-national, I suppose, but I still think Canadian in many areas. I grew up on the BC coast, lived 6 years in Ontario and 5 months in Saskatchewan. My parents were born there. My family lives there. So, I'm chiming in.

I'm a Canadian living in Portand, OR. I grew up in SW Ontario, and moved here in 1997. Livning in Portland is about as close to being in Canada as I could imagine in the US.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm pre-Canadian, I hope. Well, actually, kind of post-Canadian, too. Okay, maybe I'm just a Canadian wanna-be.

My grandfather was born in Prince Edward Island and my grandmother was raised in Quebec. They met in Quebec and moved to Maine, where I was raised.

I have applied for permanent residency and hope to hear back by summer. In the short run, we would move to Ontario so that I could commute to work in Michigan. In the long run, we would move to our current summer home in Nova Scotia.

Welcome aboard!

PEI is our planned destination for summer 2009!

Thanks! I hope you enjoy it when you come! I love living here & wouldn't move for a million bucks. Okay, I'd move out of town and get a nice old farmhouse, but I still wouldn't leave the island. :001_smile:

• 1 month later...

Bumping this Canadians thread to let you guys know about the new Canadian Home Educator's Carnival Blog :) (it's not mine - it's being run by this lovely lady ..she created the blog so that the Carnival would have it's very own home - I love the way she used the red & white with all the maple leaves going down the side! :D )

There is currently a call for submissions to the third edition of the carnival and I thought that maybe some of you Canadian Home Educators might be interested in submitting a post. :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We are Canadian here too. We have lived in North Dakota for about 5 years. Dd was born in Kelowna, BC. (Big wave to all our old friends out there...I know some of them started homeschooling years ago) We have lived states side for almost 8 years now. We have tried to "get back" but God wants us here. Great friends here and nice town. We are not unhappy anymore.

We (Dh and I) have lived in Kelowna, Sarnia, Kingston, Ottawa and Hamilton. How's that for moving around!

Good to be counted with ya'll. Even if I'm not officially at home. :001_smile:

Trina

PS: I had a friend that moved to Oregon back in the 80's. I wonder .....

• 1 month later...