Menu

Hotels that accommodate 8

We would like to see St. Louis next month so I am trying to find hotels that will accommodate 8 in a suite. I know there was a thread on this awhile back but I can't find it.:tongue_smilie:Anybody have ideas and/or experiences? I've already checked out Craigslist and VRBO but I haven't seen anything.

Thanks!

We are a family of 5 and we've begun renting houses. If you go to the city tourism site, there are usually links to companies that specialize in short term home rentals. We've done it about 3 times and have always been very happy. Lots more room, washer & dryers and full kitchens.

For most hotels, the currently legal maximum occupancy rate is 5 people per room. This is to satisfy fire safety laws.

The word "suite" is bandied by hotels/motels without attention necessarily paid to what the word means. I have seen the word "suite" applied to what is simply a very large, single-room accommodation. (The max of 5 people thus applies.)

Wherever you call to find lodging, say up front that there are eight people, and ask how many may occupy a single room reservation. If they call something a suite, make sure that 8 people may occupy it at the same time. (You sure don't want to arrive and receive a nasty surprise !)

Have a great trip ! :)

We would like to see St. Louis next month so I am trying to find hotels that will accommodate 8 in a suite. I know there was a thread on this awhile back but I can't find it.:tongue_smilie:Anybody have ideas and/or experiences? I've already checked out Craigslist and VRBO but I haven't seen anything.

Thanks!

We have only 6, but two adults and two teens and usually have no choice but to rent two cheap rooms. This is because 6 exceeds the legal limit for most rooms--whether they call it a suite or not.

On our last trip, we rented two rooms every where we went.

Definitely call around way in advance and ask a lot of questions. Only ONE would do adjoining rooms though (not a national chain) and they didn't even guarantee that. Mostly the rooms were adjacent but one place did put us on two different floors. Dh stayed with the older two boys, and I took the littlest two. It was horrid. (It was a Motel 6.)

For most hotels, the currently legal maximum occupancy rate is 5 people per room. This is to satisfy fire safety laws.

Actually, in some states the cannot have more than 4 per room. It may depend upon the structure of the room/hotel but I know that our family of 5 frequently has to rent two rooms or a suite while traveling.

The word "suite" is bandied by hotels/motels without attention necessarily paid to what the word means. I have seen the word "suite" applied to what is simply a very large, single-room accommodation. (The max of 5 people thus applies.)

Wherever you call to find lodging, say up front that there are eight people, and ask how many may occupy a single room reservation. If they call something a suite, make sure that 8 people may occupy it at the same time. (You sure don't want to arrive and receive a nasty surprise !)

Have a great trip ! :)

On our recent vacation to IL, we rented a suite from Comfort Inns. It had 2 Q beds and a fold down Q bed and a 2'x4' kitchenette. On the way up we stopped at Scottish Inns and got 2 rooms with a connecting door. So that was 4 Q beds AND 2 bathrooms and TVs. On the way back we stopped at Holiday Inn and got a "suite". It consisted of a Q bed and a Fold out single couch/bed. We were able to get a rollaway too. So that was Dh, ds3, and I on the bed, ds13 on the couch, dd on rollaway, and ds8 on the couch pillows on the floor. We were all agreed that the Scottish Inns was the best, even if they didn't have breakfast etc. And it was the cheapest option.