Menu

Sonlight or Ambleside

Monique

I am using Sonlight (SL) Core 6 now with my 12yo twin sons. Ever so often I will go over to Ambleside Online and check it out. I have never left Sonlight partly due to loyalty to what we've used for a long time and also because I feared jumping into Ambleside and doing it on my own. I liked the hand holding and the convenience of SL. There are so many great books that AO suggests and that I don't know how we'd get to them while doing SL. So I have decided to jump off the ledge and dive in to AO. Since that decision I have an excitment in my chest and I'm on fire. So has anyone switched from SL to AO? Those using AO is it working? I also feared leaving SL due to the convenience of having everything laid out and all the books arrive nice and neat in a box.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I am using Sonlight (SL) Core 6 now with my 12yo twin sons. Ever so often I will go over to Ambleside Online and check it out. I have never left Sonlight partly due to loyalty to what we've used for a long time and also because I feared jumping into Ambleside and doing it on my own. I liked the hand holding and the convenience of SL. There are so many great books that AO suggests and that I don't know how we'd get to them while doing SL. So I have decided to jump off the ledge and dive in to AO. Since that decision I have an excitment in my chest and I'm on fire. So has anyone switched from SL to AO? Those using AO is it working? I also feared leaving SL due to the convenience of having everything laid out and all the books arrive nice and neat in a box.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Monique,

There are some really great Ambleside yahoo groups that can help. There's one just about scheduling AMbleside with tons of sample daily and weekly and term schedules. Seeing how people actually implemented AO, really helped me to wrap my brain around it.