Menu

It's official -- I have the flu

Went to the dr and it is the flu. Started on Tamiflu. Feel like a big nasty truck ran over me. This stinks big time. Really hope Tamiflu helps this crud. UGH. I thought for sure I had strep too since my throat was so yucky and stuff. So much for starting back to lessons after our break last week. Oh well, not a biggie. They can just play and wait on me.

Went to the dr and it is the flu. Started on Tamiflu. Feel like a big nasty truck ran over me. This stinks big time. Really hope Tamiflu helps this crud. UGH. I thought for sure I had strep too since my throat was so yucky and stuff. So much for starting back to lessons after our break last week. Oh well, not a biggie. They can just play and wait on me.

I know it's not a "biggie", but it's not what you needed on top of the MONTH you just emerged from! Oh, {{{hugs}}}.

Take care of yourself and feel better soon!

Dy

It could be my allergy as Tree Pollen is high right now. Congestion in chest and throat, post nasal drip, hot flashes although this could be perimenopause symptoms.

I have the works. Head congestion, very sore throat with sores in the back, ears full and popping, coughing, stopped up, fever, fatigue,swollen glands, sore and achy, the works. Generally feeling like a big truck ran over, stopped to stay a while, left a lot of goop in its place, and stuck me in a vise to boot. And then some.

You might have sinus infection or something. Might be worth checking out to see if some meds would help. No fun, for sure. Hope you feel better too!

Take what time you need. We took one week totally off. Last week and this we are working at "half speed" doing one week's worth of work in two weeks time. I called my doc today - he won't even see me. He says this crud lasts for 3 - 6 weeks (the coughing part anyway). My kid's pediatrician automatically prescribed an antibiotic which I'm not so sure I'm going to fill - he said he didn't hear anything like bronchitis in the lungs so I'm not so sure an antibiotic would be a good idea. All this to say, I understand what you're going through! Hang in there!

Oh, yucky! Get better. This stuff is nasty.

Take what time you need. We took one week totally off. Last week and this we are working at "half speed" doing one week's worth of work in two weeks time. I called my doc today - he won't even see me. He says this crud lasts for 3 - 6 weeks (the coughing part anyway). My kid's pediatrician automatically prescribed an antibiotic which I'm not so sure I'm going to fill - he said he didn't hear anything like bronchitis in the lungs so I'm not so sure an antibiotic would be a good idea. All this to say, I understand what you're going through! Hang in there!

Thanks. The kids had the Flu Mist but not the adults. I hope they won't get it. That would be so bad! At the slightest symptom for them, though, we can get them on Tamiflu so maybe they won't get as bad with the combination if they get it.

So far it's just me, but I am only on day 2. It will be a long one, from what I hear. I just pray the Tamiflu lives up to its reputation.

I hope you all push through this. This has been horrible for you all. I've been thinking about you all every day and hoping it gets better!

thanks

Tamiflu is the bomb! Oh My Gosh! The difference between today and yesterday is so huge. I think I might actually be alive again! I know I have a fair bit to go. But WOW! I am so thankful to feel this much better that I don't even care about that right now. Let me tell you, get on that stuff right away . It's a miracle! (btw -- hope now is not a fluke and tomorrow is even better too)

Thanks so much for your lovely well-wishes. I have been so cooped up and bored. They make a world of difference!

:grouphug::party::hurray:

Yay! Feeling better is good medicine in itself, isn't it? I don't know where you live, but we had sunny skies and warm temps today and it's expected again tomorrow. I can't tell you how wonderful it felt! Hoping you're getting lots of warmth and sunshine too!