Menu

Homeschool Tracker has me ready to pull my hair out!!!

Now, the only reason I'm using it is to facilitate with transcript making and grade keeping. Honestly, I'm a paper kinda girl. I haven't a technological bone in my body. So, why am I doing this to myself? I haven't a clue. In fact, I just had a melt-down a few hours ago.

Am I the only person here who needs to touch/see/feel paper, instead of a screen?

Am I going to hinder my kiddos???? Oh the shame.... :(

:grouphug: To simplify I used it only to track (planning was in my simple pencil/paper planner) and produce those professional reports for years.

There are a lot of gifted tracker users here and the customer service they offer is top notch. Don't be afraid to ask questions of the board or cs.

where you are a few weeks ago!

It does take getting used to and as Tammyla said, don't be afraid to ask customer service.

If you do want to plan, then fill out an LP schedule for each child. Then when you make the lesson plans, you can just click the dot that says something like use LP plan, and it will slot it into the timetable that you have made, instead of checking or unchecking the day boxes.

I've kept at it because I didn't want to repeat the end of this past school year where my family didn't see me for a week as I was trying to do all the paperwork for 9th grade credits. (Though actually I've probably spent a week now on HST but I'm thinking it will pay off during the year.

Also for planning, I would suggest only submitting 10 days of a lesson plan at a time at first until things are working well and you have started the school year. I don't know how many times I deleted things as they weren't right or it seemed to be doing things I didn't want it to do.

I certainly feel for you! There could be a smiley that has hair pulling - probably there is, I just am not up to date!

Now, the only reason I'm using it is to facilitate with transcript making and grade keeping. Honestly, I'm a paper kinda girl. I haven't a technological bone in my body. So, why am I doing this to myself? I haven't a clue. In fact, I just had a melt-down a few hours ago.

Am I the only person here who needs to touch/see/feel paper, instead of a screen?

Am I going to hinder my kiddos???? Oh the shame.... :(

I tried HST one year, the free version. Now, I'm pretty tech savvy, but for planners I much prefer paper. IMO there is a big difference in thinking of having something computer based vs something that you can see and hold.

so I print off a planner from donnayoung.org and use HST for keeping track of attendance, that's it.