Menu

Wondering about this gift...

A former student of mine is getting married and I have been invited to the bridal luncheon. We had lunch about a month ago and she mentioned wanting her face to look nice for the wedding and pictures...saying she had just had a facial peal gthe day before. She has some scarring from high school acne. Anyway, I e-mailed the company where I buy my facial cleaning products and moisturizers, DHC, and they told me just the kit I should get her. I went ahead and ordered it, but now I'm wondering if it will embarrass her or if she'll think it's thoughtful. Knowing her, she'll love whatever I get her! I am also getting her lingerie...but, don't want the kit to be odd.

Any opinions? Maybe I should give that to her privately and have her open the lingerie at the luncheon.

Thanks!

~Holly

Well, from the tone and information in your post, you must be fairly close, so I wouldn't think that the gift would embarass her, but I would give it to her privately, saying how much you enjoy the products and how you remembered her saying something about her skin and the wedding photos. Then I would give the lingerie at the shower. She will probably be touched that you remembered the conversation and thought to seek out a nice gift, but there are others (family members, friends) who will attend the shower that could think a skin care kit sort of an odd present, unless it's really luxurious, spa-type stuff.

It IS very expensive...but, I think I will go with my first thought and give it to her privately. Maybe I'll givel her a hint of what it is and let her decide if she wants to open it in the group.

She is the only student of mine that has stayed in contact with me all these years. I taught her when she was in the 4th grade! We e-mail each other throughout the year...and, she has sent me a Christmas card every year!

She came to my wedding when she was 10yo! I wish I could attend hers, but it's at the Basilica of the Sacred Heart at Notre Dame University. She said she'll have us over for supper after the honeymoon! I love her to pieces!!

Smiles!

~Holly