Menu

which encyclopedia for SOTW 1 (for 6 yr old)?

Rainbows

SOTW lists 4 options:

Usborne Book of World History

Usborne Internet-Linked Encyclopedia

Kingfisher Illustrated History of the World

Kingfisher History Encyclopedia

Which would be the best for a 6 yr old?

I was going to get the internet-linked one but since I haven't seen any in person I figured I'd ask here first

thanks

I like the Usborne internet linked...but I came to that conclusion after I got different Kingfisher and Usborne editions out on inter-library loan. Being able to look them over and compare them in person (and not on Amazon) made a huge difference for me. It was worth the $3 recommended donation to the library.

I selected the Usborne Internet-Linked Encyclopedia for my K/first grader and I am very pleased with it, she likes it as well. I might add that my dd enjoys the Usborne format in general so, it was a fairly easy choice.

I ended up making my final decision after posting basically the same question as you, and most everyone replied suggesting the Usborne one.

...for ages 6 and 7, but beyond that the KIHOW is so much better that I would just go straight to that one. They are not all that expensive anymore on the used market, and they are so much better for content and outlining later on. Also, at ages 6 and 7 the main thing that I used the encyclopedia for was the colored illustrations as SOTW doesn't have any. Any of them would be fine for that. So I would go with KIHOW personally.