Menu

Is it possible to take college classes for yourself while hsing?

My husband just found out his GI bill may be transferrable to me so he's talking about me going to school for alternative medicine. I can't imagine taking on anything more but figure some on here probably have. How do you do it? Is it even possible? My children are 9, 7 & 4 so two are pretty teacher intensive.

I started school (full time) originally when my kids were about 8 and 10. I was also working part time and full time during that.

It's a LOT easier to do it now (I took 17 credits last fall, 22 this spring) with my kids as teenagers.

But maybe you can take a class or two per term?

BTW, if I had done it online, self-paced, etc before, I think it could have been fine. It was the GO to school, normal terms, etc that caused a bit more trouble. Of course, that is just me. There are plenty of people who can't make self paced, online, no class time, etc work. Gotta know yourself and your circumstances :)

I've been thinking about this a lot, too. I have no college to my name yet, so it does tend to seem like a huge obstacle. :tongue_smilie: I'm trying to get my game plan in place to begin next year. My oldest will be 13 and I can reasonably expect her to babysit the youngers some of the time. But I still plan to start simple so I can see how this really will play out. I hope to take several CLEPs for basic courses. I am only now just getting the info together to do this.

My friend is about to do finals and then she will have her degree. So, yes, it is possible, though not necessarily easy.