Menu

Can I use my Cuisinart food processor to make green smoothies instead of a Vitamix

or BlendTec? I'm thinking of making smoothies like on http://www.greensmoothiegirl.com-basically kale and other greens plus berries or other soft fruits. I'm thinking it could work because I know when I make pesto, etc., I have to be careful not to over-process it. Am I wrong about this; does the VitaMix blend it more thoroughly? I'm trying to find a much easier way to get LOTS more veggies in our diet. Thanks for any input!

My blender was a pretty good one, but it wasn't a super high-end blender like the Vita Mix, or Blend-Tec. It did a good job as long as I made sure there was enough liquid and I didn't overfill the blender. There weren't any big chunks left, but there were very tiny green specks. If I used my parents' VitaMix I'd imagine I'd have better results and only the green color, but even then, I don't know that it's enough to matter... or warrant that kind of purchase!

The Magic Bullet works at least as well as my blender, I think it works even better! Plus, I can make individual smoothies... I like more greens in mine, the kids like a little less... I have one child who can't have oranges, one who can't have dairy and I can't have bananas. If only one person wants one, it's not a hassle to make a single serving, and it's SOO much easier to clean.

My kids aren't fans of "greens" and any chunks would scare them away. Both the blender and the Magic Bullet have been doing the trick well enough that they come back for more. LOL, I did have to tell them in the beginning to close their eyes, because "Green is a color, not a taste."

Do you put the water in the Magic Bullet first and then the greens and fruit, or do you just put it all in at once-in other words, any "tricks" I need to know? Would the Magic Bullet from Walmart be just as good as the one online-it's much cheaper but doesn't come with the blender bowl (which I don't need unless you think I need it for green smoothies.) Can I blend just as well in the containers they give me?

My blender isn't that great, so I'm going to try the Cuisinart first and if it doesn't work I'll get the Magic Bullet. Thanks so much for your help!

My blender was a pretty good one, but it wasn't a super high-end blender like the Vita Mix, or Blend-Tec. It did a good job as long as I made sure there was enough liquid and I didn't overfill the blender. There weren't any big chunks left, but there were very tiny green specks.

I've used a blender for green smoothies as well, with similar results. Yum!