Menu

If you are trying to lose weight, do you eliminate most fruit because of the sugar?

Well, I'm not an expert or anything, but the 2 times I've successfully lost weight, I did not cut fruit. I personally would not even consider this rte except in extreme circumstances, i.e. nothing else had worked.

In general, I think fruit is good for you. It's natural. It grows in the ground.:D My problem is not with natural stuff. It's with brownies. And soda. Etc.

Are you looking to start something, or have you started something & it's not going well?

I'm looking to start something. I'm only a few pounds (about 10, probably) overweight, but I am addicted to sugar. I'm afraid that if I don't eliminate most of it cold turkey, and then add back in the good ones (fruit, for example), I will never be able to break the addiction. I don't drink any soda or other sugary drinks. I mainly drink water. But I eat a lot of sugar.

I don't. But my dh does. He's doing low carb, so he limits his sugars. He will eat any kind of berry though. He also limits certain veggies (carrots, for instance, are higher in carbs).

Good luck!! I've been able to lose 15 pounds just by limiting my serving sizes and working out daily. I'm not willing to give up my favorite foods!!

Well I do since the only approach I've had long-term success with is low-carb. This means that at the beginning I eliminate fruit however after awhile I bring back in berries. Berries are low in carbs and other fruits come in when I can handle their higher carb content.

This approach works for me and I'm sticking to it.

I do eat fruit. My snacks are usually go lean crunch from the box, almonds, celery with p.butter and raisens, ezekiel bread with fat free cottage cheese, cheese and low fat wheat thins, fat free yogert and a piece of fruit,

I was a sugar addict. I had it bad. When I decided to go without sugar, I was still eating fruit. Nothing happened. I still felt uchy. So then I stopped eating fruit, except berrries. I lost 12 pounds. I am hoping that after awhile, I might be able to go back to minimal eating of fruit cause I am having a hard time finding things to eat. I am eating veggies and protein with minimal carbs.

Julia

mom to 3 (8,7,5)