Menu

Which Consumer Math do you recommend & why?

Looking ahead to next year; older son did Jacobs Algebra in 8th grade, and is doing Jacobs Geometry this year in 9th grade. I would prefer to hold off and have him take Algebra 2 in 11th grade, closer to the time of ACT/SAT testing. So, that gives us 10th grade to do Consumer Math. Any recommendations? : )

Thanks so much in advance! Warmest regards, Lori D.

Well, I can tell you what consumer math I bought, though we haven't started it yet. I bought Abeka consumer math. It covers almost everything that I wanted to make sure I covered, such as buying a car, house, having a checking and saving account, how to budget, etc. MUS recently came out with a consumer math also, but I saw that after I bought Abeka.

Hope that helps,

Veronica

and e-mailed with a rep. The workbook looks great, with all the material I wanted to cover math-wise, however, in order to get the teacher's book, it was necessary to purchase a whole package which was primarily a devotional guide on stewardship. We have just finished a wonderful sermon series on stewardship at church, so felt that buying this complete Math-U-See stewardship would be a lot of money spent on something which would be repetative. Apparently they are publishing another version of the Stewardship program this month, which will have even more focus on the devotional. I have just ordered a small consumer's math program from Christian book, so will keep you aprised of it's contents once it arrives. I'm hopeful that this will work well as a valueable filler.

Heather