Menu

Christmas Knitting Plans?

I'm attempting 3 sweaters....... don't laugh! :001_smile: I've got the front panels done.

photos on ravelry.com

Don't be silly; this would only be laughable if it were already December.

You can do it!

(I have found that knitting is a great way to keep myself sane while watching my DD do math. I have to be completely quiet, but present, but hardly breathing, but sitting right there. Knitting is great for that.)

I plan on finishing my husbands 2x fisherman's sweater I started 2 years ago:001_rolleyes: 2 pairs of boot wool boot socks for DH (1 pr done). 1 pair of sport weight socks (haven't picked a pattern yet) for dd as well as finishing a long sleeve shrug for her. I'm thinking about making my Mom a shrug but I have only ever used natural fibers and she thinks everything is itchy, so I'm not sure if I'll bother.

Thanks for the reminder BTW, time is flying by.

Wowza! Three sweaters? I'm sure you'll get them done. ;-) I'm not sure what my knitting plans are for this Christmas. I need to take some time to figure it out. I'll actually be a full-time student this semester, plus homeschooling 4 of the 5 kids, so we'll see how much knitting time I actually have. :p

I'm attempting 3 sweaters....... don't laugh! :001_smile: I've got the front panels done.

photos on ravelry.com

I just peeped at your Lady Elenore Stole..... I love it! How are you doing on it? I've been looking for a me project... ohhhh....gonna go look at stashes now.....

I'm planning on a poncho for my sister, socks for my SIL, fingerless gloves for DD, a cell phone/iPod cover for a friend of mine, and, if I'm really brave, a sweater for my 3 year old nephew (it would be my first!) Not sure I'll get to everything, but I'm working on it....:)

If you are on ravelry, do a search for "squirrel" and "mittens." My MIL is a squirrel lover. She feeds them and has the hugest squirrels in NC. I figure she needs mittens to show it:)

I'm not sure about anyone else, though. I might knit beanies for my boys, but then I doubt they will wear them.

PS: (edited to add) if you are on ravelry and you do go look at the mittens (please, please) what exactly is the squirrel part showing? It looks like something is falling out of the squirrel's mouth. I really love the idea, but that always gives me pause.

Edited by Danestress

The only knitting I do is for charity (Project Linus) and now scarves for my daughters skating team.

please tell me more about project linus. My mom and I are knocking about an idea to start a charity knitalong Christmas Eve We don't exchange gifts now anyway, but we all knit and it might be kind of fun to knit together on Christmas Eve.

I just peeped at your Lady Elenore Stole..... I love it! How are you doing on it? I've been looking for a me project... ohhhh....gonna go look at stashes now.....

Thank you! It's going well. I've been a bit bored knitting just that so I started something new. :D I could have it done if I just spent a couple more nights on it.

What's your Ravelry ID?

please tell me more about project linus. My mom and I are knocking about an idea to start a charity knitalong Christmas Eve We don't exchange gifts now anyway, but we all knit and it might be kind of fun to knit together on Christmas Eve.

Here is their link.....

http://www.projectlinus.org

I have been knitting blankets for them for 12 years.

Thank you! It's going well. I've been a bit bored knitting just that so I started something new. :D I could have it done if I just spent a couple more nights on it.

What's your Ravelry ID?

The same Billieboy. I just joined and I haven't filled out my profile yet, but I found the WTM knitters. :001_smile:

I had planned to do a sweater for each of my boys this summer but then morning sickness got in the way and here it is weeks later. I need to pick it back up, knitting is awesome for me to do while I'm babysitting - er monitoring - the boys doing their work!

I had planned to do a sweater for each of my boys this summer but then morning sickness got in the way and here it is weeks later. I need to pick it back up, knitting is awesome for me to do while I'm babysitting - er monitoring - the boys doing their work!

it is the task I do too while I'm available for questions during their independent work time. It helps me feel like I'm not waiting for them to get finished already.

You gals are much more ambitious than I am. I hope to just complete a few wash cloths to go with the homemade soap dd wants to make for stocking stuffers. Complete sweaters, oh my!

To OP, I'm sure you will get it done and all gifted will feel the love in every stitch!

I'm just trying finish a sweater that I started for myself a year ago. I only have part of a sleeve and the button band to do. How sad is that?!? But I start school tomorrow and there's that dead time during math.......

I would love to knit a comforter since we use them all the time in our house. I'd also like to do scarves for my girls and myself. :001_smile:

I have plans for knitting next year or the year after...

http://www.searchpress.com/info.asp?EAN=9781844481811

Isn't it cool?!! I'd like to make one each for the kids, but it'll be a very big project for a person who has only knitted squares :)

Rosie

Well, a friend of mine saw me knitting socks and said I'd have to show her how one day. So one day I gave her the yarn, needles, a pattern and a couple website links. I also started the cuff, about 1/2 inch--just to get her started. And she finished the pair in a couple weeks.

And she had only ever knitted ONE square before that! I'll bet you could do it if you decide to.

PS--she's a homeschool mom, too. I figured if she could homeschool 3 high schoolers and a 2nd grader she could do just about anything. ;)

Cinder

I WANT to knit for Christmas, but am hesitant to actually commit to anything because it's going to be our first "real" year of hsing this year and I don't quite know how much time I can commit to knitting just yet.

I want to make my granny that beautiful peacock stole from Fiddlesticks Knitting. My daughter would really love that "Dead or Alive" fish hat on Ravelry (the Nemo version). I'd like to make a beret for my aunt. And a thousand things for MYSELF! Mwa ha ha ha.

Well, a friend of mine had only ever knitted ONE square before that! I'll bet you could do it if you decide to.

PS--she's a homeschool mom, too. I figured if she could homeschool 3 high schoolers and a 2nd grader she could do just about anything. ;)

Cinder

I have worse! I have a baby! :tongue_smilie:

I know I could make the castle, but I don't like her pattern so I have to figure out how to take a brick kind of pattern from one book, and make the dimentions right for the castles. And I want to do it in orange like Malbork castle, because grey is such a stereotype :D

They'll get to the top of my list eventually. I ought to finish this year's Christmas presents before I start next years though :)

Rosie- terribly impressed by everyone else's projects!

I have worse! I have a baby! :tongue_smilie:

Rosie- terribly impressed by everyone else's projects!

I feel for ya! I really didn't do a whole lot of knitting until a couple years ago when dd was about 2, though at that age she still pulled my stitches off the needles if I didn't take care to put them away up high. Now she's 4 and it's definitely a lot easier to get some knitting time into the week.

Cinder

Who is also impressed by everyone else's projects. I don't have Christmas knitting plans, particularly, but I do have knitting plans that will keep me busy for awhile: ds1's socks, dd's sweater, dh's socks and sweater, ds2's socks . . . wait, something for me?