Menu

BJU 7th Grade Lit users....

DianeL

I need some advice. This is the first year I am using BJU lit and the teacher's manual is overwhelming. I know that I don't need to or should not do all the discussions, applications, etc. but I would appreciate some feedback or suggestions on what you used out of the TM, ie discussions, quizzes, reviews, tests, etc.

HELP!

This is much appreciated :001_smile:

I did not care for BJU lit 7 so I might not be the best one to answer your questions. There are others here who liked it and hopefully will weigh in with their opinions.

The text is a bit confusing in its layout. I am told by those who also did BJU 6th grade that it helped them to understand 7th better. We basically did the discussion questions and the literature analysis discussions. While we were reading the passage aloud, if we came to a lit analysis, I would stop and comment. Something like, "this is an excellent example of foreshadowing." We would then briefly discuss that technique and move on. Dd does very, very well with reading comprehension so that side of lit is not a problem for us.

Are you using the new edition or old? I have it, haven't started using it yet or even looked at it enough to know how I'll use it. I went through the list of sources and got the whole books (many from paperbackswap.com), and I think that will be good. A few of them you'll want to preread and be careful about, where the selection was good but not necessarily everything else from the book.

So I guess that's a non-answer, but that's as far as I got. Maybe this is actually a bump? :)