Menu

What would you do? (science question)

My ds completed Apologia General Science in the 6th grade and will complete Apologia Physical this year for his 7th grade year. He did/is doing well with both courses.

I am wondering...Is going if on to Apologia Biology in the 8th grade (or another biology) is best or if he should take this year to study things like space that he will not get in high school?

Any and all imput would be helpful.

Thanks

She just loves Biology and is ready for it. She will be taking algebra; the correct math positioning for taking biology. She will be wanting to take a more advanced life science course in high school. This will allow her to do that.

I think you can do what you want for science, but I would expect an 8th grade bio class to be questioned for hs credit, even if it is a high school course. Are you planning on doing science each year in hi sch? If so, taking bio in 8th would allow ds to take an upper level course, like Marine Bio or Anatomy.

Also, we actually did do high school level astronomy, in 10th grade. Our sequence was Apologia Bio in 9th, Astronomy Today and Runkle Geography (for astron. and physical geo) in 10th, Apologia Chem in 11th, and probably a CC course in physics in 12th--not sure yet about that.