Menu

FLL 4 or other?

bamdavis3

there does seem to be alot of repetition in FLL4 from FLL3. It was a bit boring for my son, so we just hurried through it, skipping things that we didn't need to work on. There are new things in there, and it goes more in depth in some areas. And it mentions multiple times that if your child did FLL3 that you could skip this part/memory. That being said, my son still liked it, it made him feel good that he remembered the things, and it kept everything fresh. We plan to take it a little easier this year, and then we will be doing AG for 6-8th.

there does seem to be alot of repetition in FLL4 from FLL3. It was a bit boring for my son, so we just hurried through it, skipping things that we didn't need to work on. There are new things in there, and it goes more in depth in some areas. And it mentions multiple times that if your child did FLL3 that you could skip this part/memory. That being said, my son still liked it, it made him feel good that he remembered the things, and it kept everything fresh. We plan to take it a little easier this year, and then we will be doing AG for 6-8th.

This was our experience as well. We were glad that we did it.

FLL 4 seemed a bit of a repeat but should be fine if used on a fourth grader, who would need that. I am just finishing FLL 3 with my girls. They are in 5th and 6th grade this year. I was using FLL for a grammar review, because theirs was a little weak. We are doing 3-4 lesson a day though. When we are done (in 2 weeks) they will begin Growing with Grammar 5 and 6. I love the independence of GWG!

Hope that helped

Yesterday my oldest son finished the last lesson of FLL 4. He did FLL 1-4. There is some repeat, but it seemed appropriate repetition, if that makes any sense. The grammar rules and diagramming do become more complicated in FLL 4. I can say without a doubt that my son really, really gets what he has learned in grammar. Everything he learned in FLL 1-4 came together during the second half of FLL 4 and solidified in his brain and the skills became second nature, which has been so wonderful to see; I wish that was the case with every subject. ;) I've been so happy with it, but of course, not every program works with every child. :001_smile: