Menu

Well-Planned Day

They seem to have some server issues. I keep getting a "Service Unavailable" message but I was able to view the planner page and the sample pdf earlier.

If you go to wellplannedday.com and then click on the 09-10 planner, you'll be able to see the full sample.

It appears to be a really attractive planner. I love the colors (and anything with check-boxes!:tongue_smilie:)

If you go to wellplannedday.com and then click on the 09-10 planner, you'll be able to see the full sample.

It appears to be a really attractive planner. I love the colors (and anything with check-boxes!:tongue_smilie:)

Yeah, I was clicking that link when I got the error... I wonder if they just weren't inundated with people checking their email and finding it. :D

And, yes, I get really excited by the colors and checkboxes, too. There may have to be an intervention. I forced myself away from the planner table at Barnes and Noble the other day (because I have a BlackBerry and HST+) but this is really tugging at me... oh my!

I got that same email this morning, and I have already purchased the planner. It is beautiful! Hopefully I can make my first entry in it today...do I use pen or pencil or sharpie???? :D

I think I just had chest pain. :svengo: I would always go for pencil, unless I was putting in assignments and whatnot each night before. You know, in case life come up.

Oh, I didn't want to scare anybody! ;) I always have to use a nice sharp pencil. If you could see the lovely planners I have on my shelf that I filled in a day or two with pen and then had to ditch because they would look messy with changes...I've learned my lesson! One year I did go absolutely wild with a TOG volume...all nicely covered in page protectors, and decorated lavishly with many colors of sharpie pens. That was so liberating...but now on to my pencil planning. :D

Has anyone else gotten this email this morning?

http://www.wellplannedday.com/Default.aspx

They seem to have some server issues. I keep getting a "Service Unavailable" message but I was able to view the planner page and the sample pdf earlier.

Thought I'd ask/pass it along, 'cause you know how we are about planning and tools for such. :D

YES! Argh! I've been searching for a planner for weeks and have seen this one referenced, but have not been able to access the preview links anywhere - even on their own website. I finally gave up (not gonna buy a planner without seeing a sample) and ordered another one last night.

So, this morning I got this same email that it is on sale...but still couldn't access the preview!

After reading this thread I tried again and did actually get to look at all 26 pages of it. It looks great! But...I already ordered a different one... :tongue_smilie:

I have this planner. I absolutely *heart* it. The only thing I wish it had was a pocket folder or 2. I love that it has attendance sheets. I love that it has a menu planner for the week. I love that it has nice sturdy report cards in the back. I love that it has a place for weekly grades. Have I told you how much I love this planner? :p I write the lesson plans in pencil, in case I have to erase something. Writing in pen, then having to scribble it out would drive me mad. I do fill everything else in with a pen though. I'm not a huge fan of writing with a pencil. ;-)

Oh, my word. I have never seen anything like it.

Is there anything this beautiful for secular homeschooler?

Not that I'm aware of. The only thing that comes close is the Family Time Mine planner, but it's not for homeschoolers specifically. I was just telling my husband that I'm not even put off by the scripture references. (That may be because they don't generally bother me, unless peppered through my curricula, and I find many verses both beautiful and thought provoking, even as a non-Christian. As they say, YMMV)

I have this planner too. I love it. It's beautiful and very functional.

(in the interest of full disclosure I should admit that I wrote one of the articles in the planner)

Well, that was one of the features I was telling my husband about; I laughed hysterically at the craft one in the sample pages (because I am SO RIGHT THERE!).

Darn! I thought I was free of this obsession. :001_huh: Who am I kidding? If it came with a box of fasteners (paper clips, binder clips, staples... BRASS BRADS!!!), I'd already be in the car on my way to TN.

It's lovely, but like most pre-made planners, it's just too much for me. I don't need a report card or attendance sheets, so I'd not use it to its full, intended purpose, which is kind of a drag, because I'd love to find a pre-made planner that I could fully embrace!

I usually make my own planning sheets and put them in a binder. *insert boring smilie here*

That's the one I wrote!

You're awesome!

I was just talking to a friend from co-op who is unschooling and develops a complex every time she goes to another mutual friend's house. Lapbook envy. I have the same problem. I see them and feel like such a loser. I feel like I should be doing lapbooks... and then reality strikes. Hmmm. That is actually what knocked Waldorf off my list of possibilities when I was first researching homeschooling, come to think of it.

Darn! I thought I was free of this obsession. :001_huh: Who am I kidding? If it came with a box of fasteners (paper clips, binder clips, staples... BRASS BRADS!!!), I'd already be in the car on my way to TN.

No kidding!

I only have one doing school at home now, the other is a senior doing school at the community college, and I want that planner. If only it came looseleaf, so I could put it into a circa binder. You'd have to pick me up on your way to TN.

Oh my! You all make me so mad... (READ: I really love you and all of your great ideas and awesome links to things for me to want, and need, and ultimately buy!) :001_smile:

I looked at the online flip through version and pulled out the credit card. Just when I thought I had made all of my homeschooling purchases for the year here you all come with something else!

THANKS! (Both sarcastically and truly graciously!)

I just got this planner a few days ago. I love it! It's the first one (out of several I've owned) that I know I will use. It's so pretty with all the colors and the layout. The only thing I wish is that the cover was a bit sturdier because I know mine will get banged up before long. But other than that, it is very cool. I love the articles too.

I got the planner last week. It's beautiful! LOVE IT! I think it will work wonderfully for us.

I write in it with a mechanical pencil (gotta love a perpetually sharp pencil ;)).

***Just a head's up - It's designed to schedule up to 4 kiddos, so for those with more, it's not going to be as useful.

You women are a bunch of vicious enablers.

Yes, I DID just order the stinking, gorgeous, perfect planner! (because my husband got sick of me waxing on and on and on and on...)

I can't wait to see the online one in November! My husband (who is not an enabler at all, lol) thinks they should have a BlackBerry app, too...:svengo:Be still my heart.