Menu

great wolf lodge

I think it was here that I was told Great Wolf Lodge puts out a home schoolers discount for $99.00 a night during October. I've been watching their website since last January & hadn't seen the offer so I called yesterday. I was told they do not advertise the offer- but, if you call and say you are a home schooler- they will give you the offer which starts at $99.00 a night! The current offer runs from oct 2008 to oct. 30 2009 for select days.

I was really looking forward to a home schoolers weekend where we could meet other like-minded families..... can't get enough of them! But, it is such a great offer I just had to share!

I think it was here that I was told Great Wolf Lodge puts out a home schoolers discount for $99.00 a night during October. I've been watching their website since last January & hadn't seen the offer so I called yesterday. I was told they do not advertise the offer- but, if you call and say you are a home schooler- they will give you the offer which starts at $99.00 a night! The current offer runs from oct 2008 to oct. 30 2009 for select days.

I was really looking forward to a home schoolers weekend where we could meet other like-minded families..... can't get enough of them! But, it is such a great offer I just had to share!

Thanks for the heads up!! Did they mention if this discount is given at all Great Wolf Lodge locations? A few years ago there was a homeschool discount given some places, but not at the one near us. I guess I can always call and ask. Just wondering if you happened to ask about other locations?

We went to the Poconos location & that is where I called (I hope I called them direct).

Oooh, that is our closest location!!! I hope I can get in on this deal! There was a mix up a few years ago when I called about a homeschool discount. Whoever I first spoke to on the phone granted me the discounted rate, but then when I called back with another question, I was told that the homeschool rate was not available at the Poconos location, but only at a different one. I pressed the issue a bit and told them I'd already booked under the rate I'd been promised, and they honored it politely, but I don't think it was really intended for that location at that time. I might try to call tomorrow and see what I find out!

We received a flier in the mail a while back (maybe May?) about a homeschool week or weekend. I don't know if that was just for our location or not.

I just have a hard time justifying $99/night to stay 20 minutes down the road, lol.

Oh, have you been there? I think it is worth $99 to spend a night. That gives you two days at the waterpark, also. Plus all the Magic Quest fun. It's a wonderful place to spend time together as a family!

I just have a hard time justifying $99/night to stay 20 minutes down the road, lol.

I think $99 is a phenomenal price for two days in the water park for the whole family. It really is a lot of fun, and if you view it as a mini-vacation, that pricing makes it incredibly economical. I believe you can check in as early as 1pm on your day of arrival (they won't necessarily have your room ready till later, but they'll give you your wrist bands right away, so you can begin enjoying the water park), and you can stay and use the water park as long as you like on your departure day. The hotel room is just an added bonus. :)

We had a great time at the new location in Concord, NC this last spring!

I would recommend going elsewhere for food -- the restaurant was mediocre and overpriced -- but there was an ice cream parlor that we all really enjoyed for treats! :)

We go every year to the Pocano location during October for the discount. My kids just love it, and so do I! Wow, wouldn't it be cool if I see you ladies there! I haven't booked yet.

Oh, now I'm getting excited!

Also, just FYI, but sometimes during the year on off seasons I call early that morning and ask what's the best price they can give me for a room that night, and I've gotten them pretty darn cheap (the room we get is usually $289/night, I get it for $100). They always have plenty of empty rooms.

Good luck!

Lisa

We go every year to the Pocano location during October for the discount. My kids just love it, and so do I! Wow, wouldn't it be cool if I see you ladies there! I haven't booked yet.

Oh, now I'm getting excited!

Also, just FYI, but sometimes during the year on off seasons I call early that morning and ask what's the best price they can give me for a room that night, and I've gotten them pretty darn cheap (the room we get is usually $289/night, I get it for $100). They always have plenty of empty rooms.

Good luck!

Lisa

Oh man, you mean we could have been going there every October for this discount, and I didn't know it?!??! :svengo: I've been checking online for discounts every couple months since we went there two years ago, and found nothing!!! I'm calling them first thing tomorrow morning! :auto:

Cool, I will have to check this out. The Pocono's one would be my closest location. What ages are they good for? My oldest is 6, my youngest is 1. Would it be worthwhile?

Oh DEFINITELY! They have a section just for kids your ages, complete with slides and fountains. Also, my little one's favorite part is every night at 7:00 p.m. the statue display of animals in the middle of the lobby comes to life and there's a mini-musical for twenty minutes, followed by a storytime. Kids come in their pajamas and gather round, and it's the perfect way to end the day. It's always the same musical, so the kids learn the words and it's so sweet. LOVE IT!

And BTW, we do not take vacations or spend a lot of money on things like this, and originally I scoffed at the idea of going, but it has become a tradition and my kids have such great memories.

Blessings,

Lisa

Odd question but do you have to show anything to "prove" you homeschool? I wouldn't have anything to show unless a math or phonics book counts:001_smile:

You mean you don't have a homeschooling parent ID badge, lol?

No, they don't ask for a thing. Anyone can say they're homeschoolers and get the same discount if they want.

blessings,

lisa

We spent 3 days in July at the one in Wisconsin. They've all (I think all) added MagiQuest where Wiley's Woods was. A bit pricey (at least compared to the free Wiley's Woods :) ), but our 3 girls shared a wand & game and it turned out to be worth every penny. It's suggested for 8 & up. My 3 yo could work the wand, but not truly understand. My 6 yo could have done it once she had some practice. But, really, it was more fun for them to do it together. http://www.magiquest.com

Definitely! They don't ask for any proof of homeschooling at all.

Blessings,

lisa

I'm on hold with them right now. We are currently booked in Hostelling International Niagara but I'm willing to splash out a little for this at such a good rate. Im crossing fingers it's available for our dates.

Oh, have you been there? I think it is worth $99 to spend a night. That gives you two days at the waterpark, also. Plus all the Magic Quest fun. It's a wonderful place to spend time together as a family!

I do think it sounds like fun. But then it wouldn't make sense to board the dogs or order food when we have everything we need right down the road... including pools and lakes, lol.

Another indoor water park just opened up on the other side of town and they do day passes, but I haven't checked them out yet.

That said, if a whole bunch of WTM'ers were to get together at the Pocono location, I suppose that would be an opportunity I couldn't pass up! :001_smile:

The Great Wolf Lodge in Grand Mound, WA is offering the $99 special for homeschoolers in September. The valid dates are Sept. 7-10; 13-18; Sept. 27-Oct. 1, 2009. To book, call Nikki Vaccaro (360) 347-0992 or e-mail nvaccaro@greatwolf.com.

We just booked reservations today. It will be our first time going.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! We haven't gone either, but want to (as a joint b-day gift for our dc.) I, too, have been checking the website and googling to find homeschool discounts; we had pretty much given up on getting to go. Now we probably can! :party:

I just got off the phone with reservations. There are no homeschooler discounts for the Niagara location. Oh well. The youth hostel it is :)

eta: now I'm seeing if we can "pop" to the Pocano's.

Ya know - it wouldn't hurt to mention to them that you already have reservations to somewhere else but you'd heard how wonderful they were and would be willing to cancel those reservations if they could give you a better rate! :001_smile:

I just spoke with them regarding the Concord location - looks like they do offer a homeschool discount. It wasn't $99, but it was better than thier regular rates... It seems like their rates are based on a lot of variables though...

I would loooove to go!

Did you call the Poconos location directly the 800 number?

I called the Poconos and they said they have nothing on the calender yet.

The 800 number (who I am on hold with) said the rate was $159. I told them a "friend" got a $99 dollar deal.

Patiently waiting on hold.

did you call the poconos location directly the 800 number?

I called the poconos and they said they have nothing on the calender yet.

The 800 number (who i am on hold with) said the rate was $159. I told them a "friend" got a $99 dollar deal.

Patiently waiting on hold.

800-768-9653

I just got off the phone directly with the PA location (not the 800#) at 570-688-9899. The very polite reservationist said the homeschool rate for Oct 1-30, 2009 (not including Saturdays or holidays) is $199 for a family of 4 staying in the Loft. The cost increases by $40 per person. No code is needed. You simple call and book as a homeschooler, then show your ID when you arrive. No other "deals" apply (meals, etc).

Hope this helps. If anyone else has codes/info on other locations, please share as going to Williamsburg might be an option for our family.

Thanks!

Lisa in Delaware

I just got off the phone directly with the PA location (not the 800#) at 570-688-9899. The very polite reservationist said the homeschool rate for Oct 1-30, 2009 (not including Saturdays or holidays) is $199 for a family of 4 staying in the Loft. The cost increases by $40 per person. No code is needed. You simple call and book as a homeschooler, then show your ID when you arrive. No other "deals" apply (meals, etc).

Hope this helps. If anyone else has codes/info on other locations, please share as going to Williamsburg might be an option for our family.

Thanks!

Lisa in Delaware

Ah, yes, the LOFT. Very nice room. we had one last January when we stayed- super upgrade!

The Family Room is $99.00 I guess. The girl I spoke to said the rate may increase with room upgrade. SOrry I should have mentioned that, didn't even think of it 'till now.

Guess I need to call back a.s.a.p and book before they run out! Thought I had a few days to decide what dates we would go! DD#2 turns 2 the first week of Oct. So second week it is!

Oh, and I should add- they are all VERY nice there (at Pocono)!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks so much to the OP. The Grand Mound, WA location has special dates in September. I just called to make reservations. The price of the $99 special for our family of 6 is $179 'cuz it's $40 for the two extra people. So, I called planning on making that reservation and it got sweeter while talking to her! She first offered to upgrade us to the Kid Kabin for free, but that didn't work 'cuz I have 3 teenagers who are too tall for the bunks. She said that for $20 more/night (for a total of $199/night) she could upgrade me to the Grizzly Bear Suite which, for our family of 6, would normally be $539/night!! We are SO excited to be going. We will visit Wolf Haven International (wolf reserve) and Mima Mounds Nature Preserve to make this an educational field trip/vacation.

Again, THANKS to the OP.

Kimm