Menu

Age Appropriate Chores?

I can tell you what my kids chores are since they're similar to the ages of a couple of your kiddos:

DD (5): make bed, get dressed, set table with plates and silverware, clear table of own plate/cup/silverware, feed fish, give the dog water, pick up toys, empty trash, put clothes from washer to dryer (this one is because she loves putting clothes into the dryer...), get clothes from dryer, put up her clothes and anything of her brothers that goes in a drawer.

DS (2.5): make bed, get dressed, feed the dog, set table with cups for each person, clear table of own plate/cup/silverware, empty silverware from dishwasher (minus knives), pick up toys, hang up clothes (I hang his clothes and he takes them in his room and hangs them in the closet).

And other duties as assigned. ;)

My 6 yr. old boy - wash, dry, fold, put away his laundry, cleans his bathroom, makes Jello, sweeps patio, sets table, vacuums

My 5 yr. old boy - does his own laundry, too, dusts, sets table, helps with simple cooking tasks, sweeps patio, cleans windows