Menu

Art Centers?

Talk to me about your art centers. Where do you keep all your art supplies? What all do you have in your art centers? Our art stuff seems to be scattered all over the house in various locations. I would like to consolodate all of it, with the exception of all those special art kits (beading sets, knitting materials, etc.).

In my art center I want all my paper and folders for lapbooks, our crayons, colored pencils, markers, paint sets, chalk, scissors, paper clips, brads, and the list goes on...

If you have a nice little unit you store in your school room/storage area could you link me to a photo?

Thanks!

This family has absolutely the best art center I've ever seen. Prepare to be envious!

We keep our supplies in 2 different bookcases. One has mostly papers and our everyday supplies, the other has the artist quality pencils, pens, and watercoloring supplies.

Thanks for the link. That was a very sweet room. :) I guess I'm looking for a system that conceals our art supplies more than she does though.

Thanks for the link. That was a very sweet room. :) I guess I'm looking for a system that conceals our art supplies more than she does though.

How about what she has, stored in a TV/computer armoire, with extra shelves put in. You could get the kind where the doors go back into the thing.

My method is using an over-the-door shoe organizer like this and then storing all the supplies in cylindrical containers (peanut butter jars, pringle containers, crystal light containers, etc) inside the pockets. I like the PB containers because they are clear, but you can easily cover other containers with contact paper to jazz them up a bit. Bottles of glue, etc, also fit very nicely in the pockets without any other storage. Finally, you can hang this inside a closet door or something to conceal the whole shebang! Sadly, I don't have a photo. I did this in my preschool classroom years ago, and I'm ramping up to get it done here for the new school year. :001_smile:

HTH!

PS: Yay! I finally figured out the embedded link! Hope it works! :tongue_smilie:

Edited by Melissa in St Louis

We use our "hutch," a glass cabinet in the dining room. I like it because the stuff is out of reach of the smaller kids, but easy for the big kids and I to get to.

The top shelf has glue, origami paper, clay and clay tools, crayons, pastels, markers. The second shelf has all the painting stuff: paintbrushes, paints, palettes, cups for rinsing brushes, etc.

There are three drawers. One has stickers and stencils. One has white paper and construction paper. The last one has the coloring books and activity books.

How about what she has, stored in a TV/computer armoire, with extra shelves put in. You could get the kind where the doors go back into the thing.

I love this idea, but then I would have to use my poster/map wall for a large piece of furniture. Hmmm. I'm sure I'm using some other space unwisely. Will need to ponder...

Thanks for the ideas though because it keeps me thinking. You all solved my puzzle problem a few weeks back. :)

My method is using an over-the-door shoe organizer like this and then storing all the supplies in cylindrical containers (peanut butter jars, pringle containers, crystal light containers, etc) inside the pockets. I like the PB containers because they are clear, but you can easily cover other containers with contact paper to jazz them up a bit. Bottles of glue, etc, also fit very nicely in the pockets without any other storage. Finally, you can hang this inside a closet door or something to conceal the whole shebang! Sadly, I don't have a photo. I did this in my preschool classroom years ago, and I'm ramping up to get it done here for the new school year. :001_smile:

HTH!

PS: Yay! I finally figured out the embedded link! Hope it works! :tongue_smilie:

Cute idea! You are clever. :) Unfortunately I don't have a closet in my school space which is part of the problem, everything is out in the open and I'm not one who likes a lot of clutter.