Menu

What's with the ads?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pam L in Mid Tenn

I can't believe I'm on this board now....

DD 17 is narrowing down her college choices. I can't believe that she is a homeschool senior now. It seems just a very short time ago I was choosing a phonics program for her. Now, I am helping her choose college. Do I laugh or cry? LOL

DD 17 is narrowing down her college choices. I can't believe that she is a homeschool senior now. It seems just a very short time ago I was choosing a phonics program for her. Now, I am helping her choose college. Do I laugh or cry? LOL

I keep threatening to fail my son his senior year... he's simply too useful around the house now! :) In reality, I probably laugh and cry - and tell myself to keep breathing and walking and all will go fine. I also remember to 'learn from other people's experiences, life is too short to make all the mistakes yourself!' (It's a quote, but I sure don't remember who to give credit to...)

What colleges/majors is your daughter looking at?

She's looking to major in art at a state school in Tennessee. Right now, she likes Austin Peay State. We are still deciding if she'll do the first year at CC. She's also "dreaming" about a few private schools..... SCAD in Atlanta, Watkins in Nashville, and Carson- Newman.

We don't have $. She'll need a full scholarship to go at all. She DOES have the talent, so a full scholarship might be there.

Has she been to a National Portfolio Day event, yet?

If not, be sure to go! Admissions reps will review her portfolio and make notes re scholarship potential. For art school, it is very important to visit the schools in person or see a rep at National Portfolio Day.

Here's the schedule: http://www.portfolioday.net/content/view/100/51/

I'd vote for laughing! Soon enough you'll be in my footsteps a year later with two weeks left to go before we see our recent graduate off to college. Senior year can be stressful but there is a great feeling of accomplishment to be had by both you and your daughter.

Regards,

Kareni