Menu

O Science, Where Art Thou?

SparrowsNest

OK, so I am looking for a science program that is

...user-friendly

...open-and-go

...doable in a once-a-week-for-an-hour slot

...at the middle school level

Is there such a thing? I had thought I would use NOEO, but it looks like it's designed to do a little every day.

Thanks!

~Marcia, Mom to Six Terrific Kids

OK, so I am looking for a science program that is

...user-friendly

...open-and-go

...doable in a once-a-week-for-an-hour slot

...at the middle school level

Is there such a thing? I had thought I would use NOEO, but it looks like it's designed to do a little every day.

Thanks!

~Marcia, Mom to Six Terrific Kids

Noeo is laid out for a bit each day, but there is such a short reading assignment each day, you could easily combine the week's work into one longer session. At least, in the level one schedule, you could, and most likely with the level two.

Michelle T

I would have to say that a science program that only required the student to work once a week for one hour would probably not be considered middle school level. Of course you could pick and choose topics out of a middle school text and only use it once weekly. You could also take a program like Rainbow Science which requires 2 readings per week and 1 lab session and just do it all at one time. My sons (6th and 7th) often do all the readings required for the week in one session, but it does take more than 1 hour.

Singapore Science is also a possibility especially if you didn't want to do a lot of lab work. The texts are interesting and definitely middle school level. It's also relatively inexpensive.

Good Luck

I would have to say that a science program that only required the student to work once a week for one hour would probably not be considered middle school level.

There seems to be such a wide range of opinion on science! I suppose I could tack some science reading onto his afternoon, and we could do a lab during our afternoon time. I was really trying to keep things uncluttered, though.

I guess I need to keep on thinking this one through!