Menu

Bother. What do I think of this ear "ache" thing I've got going on?

It just started, this afternoon. I noticed a kind of twang on one side of my throat, though not what I'd call a sore throat really. And, on the same side, I felt a kind of itchy, hurty, notice-me sensation in the ear. The throat part seems to be fading while the ear part seems to be building. Not a lot. Just enough, kwim. I don't have a cold or stuffy nose at all. Haven't had one in recent past either. Not prone to allergies. What's the deal?

Doran

about 3 weeks ago. Not preceded by anything, just a sore throat and earache-y thing. It never developed into anything - just annoying for a while.

I tell you what (sounding like my Kentucky grandmother) - I have NEVER known a winter like this in terms of sickness. I can't tell you how many friends have been down & out for WEEKS with different bugs.

Spring, where art thou? Snow predicted in AL tonight - crazy! :eek:

I have something similar with some sinuses thrown in the mix. I get this way with certain weather fronts and systems and the like. Is that possible for you too? Not fun, is it!

Oh, try a Mike's. It helps (well, can't hurt)

But, it has been raining Persians and Poodles today, so maybe it does have something to do with weather patterns.

I hear you on the Mike's rec, and I appreciate your thoughfulness. But considering I've already indulged in my weekend wine tonight, it actually does seem possible that it might hurt. :burp:

bottle.gif

Doran

I tell you what (sounding like my Kentucky grandmother) - I have NEVER known a winter like this in terms of sickness. I can't tell you how many friends have been down & out for WEEKS with different bugs.

Spring, where art thou? Snow predicted in AL tonight - crazy! :eek:

I completely agree. It's nice (I guess?) to know we're not alone. I've only attended my new Bible study once in the last 8 weeks due to a sick child or myself. And it's a 10 week study. :eek:

I had this happen when I got Strep throat one time. I thought it was my ears, but it was the eustacian tube irritated by the throat problem. Interestingly the throat didn't seem to hurt the way Strep usually does.

I'm not listening!!!!! paperbag.gif

Doran

my excruciating pain in both ears, for two nights running, proved NOT to be an ear infection. It was bronchitis.

You may or may not want to read this next part, so I'm gonna do that white text thingy that's all the rage with the cool posters these days:

Apparently, with all the coughing, and the not eating, I was coughing stomach acid aaaaallll the way up into my Eustachian tubes. :eek:

my excruciating pain in both ears, for two nights running, proved NOT to be an ear infection. It was bronchitis.

You may or may not want to read this next part, so I'm gonna do that white text thingy that's all the rage with the cool posters these days:

Apparently, with all the coughing, and the not eating, I was coughing stomach acid aaaaallll the way up into my Eustachian tubes. :eek:

Well.....THANK YOU.....for sharing. sick009.gif

I'm really hoping this in no way relates to me. How awful for you.

Doran