Menu

Do you dress-up every day?

My husband and I both work at home as well. I shower, makeup, and fix my hair every day. Generally I'm wearing jeans, a nice top and shoes every day. I don't do it because he's here but it helps. I do it every day because I feel too bummy if I'm not showered and fixed. I hate that feeling. Plus, I don't ever want to be in the situation of having to run out like that and looking bummy either. :)

Monday thru Wednesday I nanny, so I usually just do the bare minimum (as I'm likely to get spit up on LOL). When I meet w. other hs Mamas or run errands, I try to look a little more presentable. I don't wear makeup all the time. I wish I could have that kind of commitment. :P I'm a curly girl, too. I straightened it for a long time, but I miss my curls, so I'm going back. :)

Dress-up..I mean fix hair, put make-up on(if you wear it), put on nice clothes?

Normally, I don't unless I know we are going somewhere. I feel that it is pointless to waist hair products, make-up and possibly messing up my "going out" clothes.

Today, we had an emergency with ds and I had to go out in my around the house clothes(T-shirt and sweats), no make-up and my hair basically just air dried. I know I looked horrible!

What is your motivation to dress up daily?

My motivation to dress up daily is that you NEVER know what will happen that day. Unexpected guest? Unexpected emergency trip as such it is in your case? My kids like me better when I am dressed up and know I am serious vs. being in sweats/t-shirts they do not take me seriously at all. Also to stop the question of where are we going when I just dress up every now and then.

I think it is so much better to dress up. my personal opinion.

HOlly

choosing my clothing the night before. I also wear makeup daily *but* I get up so early I look horrible by mid morning !You would never know I had a little makeup on. I try to perk up before my husband gets home but more times than not it doesn't happen. I have a friend who used to be very put together and now she never wears make up, wears her hair in a clip with sweats and croc.She always looks great. She is always clean and her clothes are clean. I think cleanliness and actually getting dressed are the most important :-)

Kari

Sometime around turning 40 I started wearing a bit of eye pencil and lip color every day, and got into a routine of wearing decent-to-nice clothes from the start of my day. It coincided neatly with my younger son turning 3, hmm :)

Now every morning I wash my face or take a shower, put on that bit of makeup, run a brush through my very short hair, put on a dress or skirt-and-top outfit, choose some earrings, stick my feet in my shoes of the season, and take my husband to work (five-minute drive). Then I look moderately nice and pulled together for my husband and for my day, whatever is planned, and I don't need to think about it again.

Recently I gave away all of the clothes that were too big, unflattering, or worn out, so that everything I have left is something I feel nice in. For example, instead of baggy or oversized comfy clothes I have a couple of super comfy cotton knit dresses... with flattering necklines and a slim fit through the waist.

In fact I do housework, gardening, decluttering, walking for exercise, etc., in a dress or skirt-and-top outfit. If it's a messy job, I wear a ready-for-mess version.

All of my clothes are handmedowns/passalongs or thrift shop buys.

I do blow dry my short hair (to keep it from air drying too frizzy and poofy) and put on light make up. My daily wear consists of a tee shirt (short or long sleeves & cute, ala J Jill crossover t style) and either long walking shorts, jeans or khaki pants, so that is how I dress for everyday. I have an assortment of funky necklaces and crocs or sandals. I am not a fan of sweats and I wear yoga pants for workouts (rare!). With three kids, it takes too long to "get ready" if something comes up, so I like to be presentable at the minimum for wherever the day takes us.

I'm really trying to change my ways in this area, because I find my 10yr. old dd wearing track pants (that she usually sleeps in!) and t-shirts around the house with her long hair pulled up into a bun, and I show she's dressing like me, lol. I want to be a better example to her and her little sister, but especially during the winter it is HARD to change out of those comfy pj pants and warm socks into a skirt and real shoes.

I never wear make-up, and dh doesn't care for it either, but I should at least stick to a skin-care regime, and put on sunscreen everyday. I am making myself (ala Flylady) get dressed every morning, but I do still wear my socks with my skirts when it's chilly in the mornings. My hair will be the final uphill battle for me, because it's waist length and I keep it pulled back in a clip, because the baby gets in it, and it really gets in my way.