Menu

S/O: Skinny WTM'ers, I was passive aggressive today and it felt sooo good!

I know I shouldn't be proud, but whatever. I don't really feel a bit bad for my poor behavior.:tongue_smilie:

I went to the pool with another mom, and we met some of her friends there. They talked about diets for about 2 hours straight. I don't wear a bathing suit, I am terribly self concious of my ribs sticking out and I just don't like to swim anyway, I get too cold. Anyway, they moved on to talking about people who are too skinny, and how gross it is, and on and on. And I am sitting right there!

And then they offered advice to me about how much better I would look with "curves"!!

Which I don't doubt, but for 37 years I have looked exactly like this, and it ain't changing, no matter what I do. I was seriously pissed off- I just met these women, today! I didn't say anything to them about diets or eating or body shape- I sewed my DD's leotard quietly while they were talking- and they just launch into how gross it is to be skinny!

So I got up and bought myself 2 Klondike bars and a Coke from the snack stand, sat back down, and enjoyed my junk food. Thinking, "Enjoy your lettuce, and kiss my bony butt, you rude women!"

I know I should feel badly for being so passive aggressive, but I don't.

We just got home, I opened this board and saw the other thread and just had to post my bad behavior.

I'm going to go eat Doritos on my front porch now. So there.

:D

Some people who are married try to persuade unmarried people that they'd be happier with a spouse.

Some people with kids try to persuade people without kids that they'd be happier with kids.

Some women who work outside the home try to persuade SAHMs to also work outside the home to show solidarity among women's rights to not be stuck in the old-fashioned traditional female role.

Some women who are SAHMs try to persuade working women to stay home to show that the old-fashioned traditional female roles are still important and should be coveted.

Some people don't understand that opinions are not always to be shared and that sometimes they should just stay quiet.

Some people who are married try to persuade unmarried people that they'd be happier with a spouse.

Some people with kids try to persuade people without kids that they'd be happier with kids.

Some women who work outside the home try to persuade SAHMs to also work outside the home to show solidarity among women's rights to not be stuck in the old-fashioned traditional female role.

Some women who are SAHMs try to persuade working women to stay home to show that the old-fashioned traditional female roles are still important and should be coveted.

Some people don't understand that opinions are not always to be shared and that sometimes they should just stay quiet.

:iagree: