Menu

William & Mary Language Arts ???

jonnia

These look so good. I have ordered the unit Beyond Words for gr 1-2 already and can barely wait to get a better look at it.

I wonder, though, if any of you who have used these could give me some idea of HOW you used them as far as scheduling is concerned.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
What was the pricing for individual literature packets?

I never found that there were individual packets available, only the 10 pks for a classroom. I went ahead and ordered the unit, as it looks like I can gather the literature resources myself. The poetry and most of the books I have heard of and know that they are readily available. Also, I have seen in the material the suggestion that alternate pieces of literature are perfectly fine as long as they have the element(s) necessary for the lesson. So far, I see no problem with pulling these together. I'll let you know if I run into any trouble.

As for the material itself, I really, really like this! It can be done in as few as 10 weeks or stretched out over a longer period. There is some flexibility in the assignments and activities. I see a good balance of discussion and writing, and the over-arching theme of change is compelling throughout.

All that being said, I'll have to let you know later how it actually goes over with my son! I think he'll enjoy it, but you never know. ;)