Menu

Geometry

Guest Gena

I am trying to prepare for next year. My daughter will be a freshman. We are currently using Jacobs for Algebra I. I am really leaning toward Jacobs for Geometry. Is it primarily a self-directed text? While I am somewhat math-oriented, I am not as comfortable with my ability to teach geometry so I was trying to decide if it would be beneficial to invest in the "Ask Dr. Callahan" dvd program. Has anyone used it?

Thanks for your help!

Gena

... The Geometry is as self-directed as the Algebra. However, the son who has been using Jacobs is very math-minded, and has done equally well with the Algebra and the Geometry -- don't know how Jacobs would work with my younger math struggler. : )

Warm regards, Lori D.

It is pretty much the same style and format as the Algebra text. I think in someways it may actually be easier for non-mathy folks because the proofs are worked out step by step in the answer key. (Since proofs have to show the whole thing for an answer, it made it easier for me as I was still a little math phobic at that point.) I don't know about the Dr. Callahan videos as these weren't available at the time we did Jacobs, or if they were, I was unaware.

Jacobs Geometry is definitely doable. And he has built in Al I review which really helps keep that fresh.

:D