Menu

TOG Writing

I just recently started using the writing component of TOG. How do you feel this compares with IEW. I would like to improve my 8th grader's writing skills, and might continue to use it in high school. Has anyone had success following the redesigned TOG writing along with writing aids?

TIA,

Trina

My teens and I thoroughly enjoy TOG - all aspects! In our home school my kids write almost every week. I follow the suggested writing assignments most of the scheduled weeks, but often feel confident to deviate (one of the joys of TOG). I like how the assignments tie in with the history topics. Sorry, I have no experience with IEW, but TOG, especially with the new Writing Aids, works for my family. Several years ago my teens took a Write At Home course. The on-line teachers offered constructive comments and aid, but the writing themes never blended in with our home studies. This may be a consideration for your TOG studies, too.