Menu

British Lit- Sonlight, Norton, my own

I am trying to figure out what I want to do with my 11th grader for British Lit. I need something that will give me a good idea of how long to spend on which books, isn't forgetting 20th century, wouldn't be horrible if I substituted some books (for example she has already studied both Frankenstein and Tale of Two Cities in Movies and Lit in 9th grade) but would give me good points to discuss with her. I don't need much with writing since this will mostly be a reading and discussing class with only short essay practice for SAT or AP. She will doing the majority of writing in a separate writing class. SO mainly I am looking for good selection, good schedule, and good discussion points.

Yes, I know I could put something together but I think I am stretched too thin. I am teaching two sections of government and econ for the first time. I am teaching one girl Biology and the other Life Science. That is along with reviewing, planning, and sometimes directly teaching other subjects to both. Plus the fact that we have a very good chance of moving again at this new school year and I think I need more guidance and direction.