Menu

Well Trained Mind Groups

aready

Do any of you participate in a well-trained mind group? I live in Indiana and am having a hard time finding a group. There is a classical conversations group, but when I saw them at a conference it was so heavy on Bible that it was overwhelming to me. I am Christian, but I'd rather do a secular group, or one that is accepting of all Christian beliefs. Any thoughts?

You might try looking for homeschool groups in your area in general, then visiting them to see who you particularly enjoy talking with. Sometimes commonalities cross lines. For instance I have an unschooling friend that I buy tons of used stuff from and get inspired by. There's so much variation in what people mean by classical anyway, or how they interpret WTM. It's easier to just go out and meet with people, talk with lots of types of people, then see who you have things in common with. And I'll tell you, some of the people who have helped me the most over the years weren't classical at all. I just enjoy talking with homeschoolers, no matter what their type. :)

Do any of you participate in a well-trained mind group? I live in Indiana and am having a hard time finding a group.

Where are you in Indiana? Hamilton County (where I live) has a huge number of homeschoolers...I'm sure, if you post to the local groups, you could find quite a few who use WTM.

Tamy Davis

Growing With Grammar

http://www.GrowingWithGrammar.com