Menu

Pizza crust~Does anyone have a great recipe??

My son will only eat Digiorno's pepperoni pizza. (He is Autistic with severe sensory issues) I have tried for years to make a pizza at home that he will eat and he rejects every single one. Now that it is getting more and more likely that my husband will be getting laid off soon I want to try again to see if I can find a dough recipe that my son will eat. He eats one whole pizza a day from Digiorno's and it gets expensive. Does anyone have a recipe that can make a crust like that?? Please share your best recipes so I can see if I can find one that my son will eat. Thank you all so much for your replies. :)

Blessings,

Jennifer

I have autistic children. They love this recipe:

Gluten-free Cassein-free pizza: (at least no cowmilk cassein)

Crust:

1/4 cup potato starch

1/4 cup potato flour

3/4 corn starch

1 table spoon xanthan gum

1/4 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/4 cup shortening

(I leave out the yeast. Don't need it.)

Mix in an electric mixer while adding goat milk until texture is right for spreading (about 1 1/4 cups)

Grease pan with vegtable oil. Spreads easily without flour or grease on hands. (Of course, it takes practice to get it right.)

Once spread, cook the crust until it is just slightly brown. Then remove from oven and add sauce and topping.

Sauce:

Tomato paste

honey, garlic powder, onion bits, basil, oregano, thyme, mustard, rosemary (keep tasting until it is how you like it)

add pineapple-Orange juice (until the thickness is how you like it)

(You can simmer the sauce, but the flavor will weaken.)

Toppings:

Shredded goat chesse (preferrably different flavors)

broiled mushrooms

sausage

diced peppers

Bake at 400 degrees until cheese is melted.

No. Not at all. Sorry. I actually don't know what Digiorno's pizza looks or tastes like.

This pizza has a unique taste. Let him try the sauce first. Make it really sweet and he will love the sauce. You can gradually make it less sweet later if you like. Then try the sauce on a different crust if you have to.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

No. Not at all. Sorry. I actually don't know what Digiorno's pizza looks or tastes like.

This pizza has a unique taste. Let him try the sauce first. Make it really sweet and he will love the sauce. You can gradually make it less sweet later if you like. Then try the sauce on a different crust if you have to.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Digiorno's has a crust kind of like Dominoes pizza. My son isn't on the GFCF diet. Thank you for your suggestion. I will try the sauce, but it is the crust that he is picky about. It has to be just right or he won't eat it. :rolleyes: