Menu

Foreclosed homes...

In light of all the foreclosed homes... do these banks go after the buyer to make them pay for them in any way? I don't hear anything about how the banks get the money. They foreclose then sell it again but do they come after the original owner to pay any difference or are they just "off the hook" now?

Just wondering how all that works.

In light of all the foreclosed homes... do these banks go after the buyer to make them pay for them in any way? I don't hear anything about how the banks get the money. They foreclose then sell it again but do they come after the original owner to pay any difference or are they just "off the hook" now?

Just wondering how all that works.

Not an authority at all, but I believe that in some states the initial home owner is off the hook financially--although his credit record will stink. In other states, the home owner not only owes the difference but also the foreclosure costs. :eek: A daunting proposition for one in serious financial straits...

If you're in California and it was the original loan, foreclosures are "without recourse"--i.e. they can't collect the difference from you. If you refinanced the loan, that protection is gone. I don't know what other states' mortgage laws are.

• 10 months later...
Hi,

This is Steven. I like this forum very much. And at the same time foreclosed homes topic is really very nice. And also the banks are also gives the opportunities. I don't hear anything about how the banks get the money. They foreclose then sell it again but do they come after the original owner to pay any difference or are they just "off the hook" now? are really high rates. Thank you very much for given a topic.

=============================

steven7

Any information about Home Loans please visit

Home Loans

This wins the 'oddest spam post' award.

Barb

ETA...weird, just as I posted this, the post **poof** vanished into thin air.