Menu

Classical Writing vs FLL

Verity

I have both of these books/systems on my wanted list from my research but I'm unsure if they are both needed. Classical Writings (Primer/Aesop) seems to teach narration, dictation and basic writing. Does it discuss grammar and parts of language like FLL? Do they teach the same things overall? Anyone? :confused:

...So much to learn! :D

I think you might be comparing apples to oranges, both fruit, yes, but different.

Haven't used FLL, but have it ready for upcoming year, and from the skimming I have done, it's a grammar program. Talks about nouns, verbs, does memory work, and yes with some narration. And actually in the first book, there is no writing at all.

Does CW cover this stuff? Not sure, as haven't used or seen that program.

A better comparison would be WWE to CW, as WWE is a writing program, by the same author of FLL, that is narration, copywork, dictation, etc.

I think you might be comparing apples to oranges, both fruit, yes, but different.

Haven't used FLL, but have it ready for upcoming year, and from the skimming I have done, it's a grammar program. Talks about nouns, verbs, does memory work, and yes with some narration. And actually in the first book, there is no writing at all.

Does CW cover this stuff? Not sure, as haven't used or seen that program.

A better comparison would be WWE to CW, as WWE is a writing program, by the same author of FLL, that is narration, copywork, dictation, etc.

Thank you for the clarification! I've glanced at WWE and am leaning towards the CW because I like the subject matter better. Maybe I should look at WWE again.