Menu

Huxley vs. Orwell

WOW! My first thought was that Huxley was obviously correct, and he was, which is very sobering. But then, Orwell was correct too, his predictions played out in other countries and were true in earlier times in some more industrialized nations. I'm also not so sure we don't have some elements of "Big Brother" in the US today. Just in the past 20 years we have seen countries go from the world of Orwell and head straight towards the "Brave New Word". China is the first one that comes to mind... And at the same time, the US has taken some steps back to the world of Orwell.

Very thought provoking...I haven't read 1984 since....1984,:) but I want to get it back out. Right after I go eat something, and watch tv, and surf the internet....;)

Thanks for the link!

Leanna

WOW! My first thought was that Huxley was obviously correct, and he was, which is very sobering. But then, Orwell was correct too, his predictions played out in other countries and were true in earlier times in some more industrialized nations. I'm also not so sure we don't have some elements of "Big Brother" in the US today. Just in the past 20 years we have seen countries go from the world of Orwell and head straight towards the "Brave New Word". China is the first one that comes to mind... And at the same time, the US has taken some steps back to the world of Orwell.

Very thought provoking...I haven't read 1984 since....1984,:) but I want to get it back out. Right after I go eat something, and watch tv, and surf the internet....;)

Thanks for the link!

Leanna

I was going to say that they are both correct too. But, than I second guessed myself.