Menu

Considering God's Creation Science??

BlessedMom

Can you please share your thoughts and experiences with this curriculum?

It seems to have a large recommended age range. What age do you think it is best suited for if you are just using it for one child?

I would appreciate any information you can share that might be helpful.

Thanks so much for your time.

we will begin this curriculum this year with my 6 year old and 9 year old. I have read the whole book and the way it is set up you could use it with younger and older depending on how in depth you want to go. They have an added Digging Deeper section with each lesson that would apply for older kids. Also you could add research with older children. For my younger child i will be adding drawing and coloring when some of the activities are to above her level. Hope this helps. God Bless!!!

Dh will be using this with our K/almost 6yo and 3rd/8yo. We have it and it looks very easy to adapt to fit the kids' levels. There are great student pages that 2nd or 3rd and up can use quite easily. Younger might need just some color sheets or blank paper to draw what they've learned about.

We're going to take 2 years to complete it and then start over with everyone on a deeper level and adding younger kids in as they reach K or 1st.

We have been using it this year for my 4th grade dd. It is very good! We love it that science and the Bible converge together in one book. DD loves her workbook and when it is finished later this summer she wants to keep it as a reference book. The illustrations are great, and there is plenty of hands on work for her to do.

One thing that I like about CGC is that it provides additional resources for the teacher to add on for older kids or kids that are really interested in specific areas within the lessons. So essentially you could use it for a group of kids of different ages and/or abilities if you wanted to by just adding on to the basic lesson with the recommended resources.

CGC is really a science survey course that ties all of nature from a scientific viewpoint to the truths of scripture. I wish that every elementary aged kid could take this course once before going on to "regular" science courses.

Blessings,

Lucinda

I really like them. I used them last year for my 3, 7 & 9 yr old (we used part of one book the year before as well) and as someone else stated, they have extra activities for the olders to explore their interests more. So I would plan the whole activity, but the 3 year old would do a little bit and run off while the olders would finish it out. Sometimes I would add a little computer work on the subject for the 9 year old to keep him from being bored. I find it to be a good multi-level curriculum.

I used CGC with my oldest two, now 21 and 19, when they were in 3rd and 5th grade. We loved it so much, I repeated it with the younger three, now 14, 12, & 10. While it does have a wide age spread, I would say around 6th grade you definitely would want to have your student work through the Digging Deeper suggestions.

Minimal teacher prep, evolution stumpers, Biblical world view, and FUN! What more could you want?

Smiles,

Teresa in NC