Menu

TOG Purchasing Question

swimmermom3

I currently own TOG Y1, Units 1,2,and 3 Redesigned in print. I purchased them used and also have Map Aids and Writing Aids.

I will be buying Y1, Unit 4 directly from Lampstand Press. Do I buy print or DE or DE/print combo given what I currently have? I plan on only using the dialectic level this year but may find out on short notice that I have a rhetoric student as well.

I will also be using Y2, Unit 1 at the end of this year. I am condensing 4 years into 3 years. So I will probably purchase all of Y2 DE at the beginning of 2010.

Also, I am still trying to understand about the DE interface. If I buy Y1, Unit 4 as DE, but have my old Writing Aid and Map Aids, how does that work? Or doesn't it?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Edited by swimmermom3

Buy your Y1 U4 in whichever format you would find most useful. I don't think it would matter much if it matched the 1st 3 units ... unless, of course, you like everything to match! :001_smile:

If you choose DE for your unit (or for Y2), you can still use your current Writing Aids and MapAids Y1. If you want to use the new, spiffy DE update they will have available later this year, you would have to send them your Writing Aids and MapAids CDs. You don't HAVE to do that -- you could just use them as you always have with absolutely no problem. If you do want to upgrade and send them your CDs, you will still have access to the full content of both CDs through your upgraded DE interface. (All of this is still at least a couple of months off.)

It sounds like you just need to decide which format would serve you best and then figure out how to make it work the way YOU want it to work.

Monica

Buy your Y1 U4 in whichever format you would find most useful. I don't think it would matter much if it matched the 1st 3 units ... unless, of course, you like everything to match! :001_smile:

If you choose DE for your unit (or for Y2), you can still use your current Writing Aids and MapAids Y1. If you want to use the new, spiffy DE update they will have available later this year, you would have to send them your Writing Aids and MapAids CDs. You don't HAVE to do that -- you could just use them as you always have with absolutely no problem. If you do want to upgrade and send them your CDs, you will still have access to the full content of both CDs through your upgraded DE interface. (All of this is still at least a couple of months off.)

It sounds like you just need to decide which format would serve you best and then figure out how to make it work the way YOU want it to work.

Monica

Thank you for the very clear explanation with regards to the DE interface. As for Unit 4, I don't need everything to match, this time.;)